Sign in to follow this  
DaveVR6

VR6 Buying Advice

Hi,

My first post, so i should introduce myself a bit first. I have always been a gin fan of VW's and have loved everyone I owned, Ive been looking to buy a corrado vr6 for about a year. I previously owned a mk2 golf and scirocco GTII (which I had to sell, broke my heart!).

Im going to look at a couple of vr6's over the next few days, one is a standard vr6 with 59k on the clock, the other is a storm with 80k on the clock (and obviously a larger price tag)

As ive never driven a corrado before I was hoping for some advice on things to look for and check on a test drive??

Also, what are the differences between vr6 storm and a vr6?

Thanks

D

Check this out and take it with you, invalueable:

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic. ... ying+guide

Not much different to the VR6, just cosmetics - a couple of badges, colour coded grill, BBS solitudes etc, but a bit more exclusive and it was the last run out of C's too so maybe a bit newer.

THis forum is brilliant and full of really useful advice, some very helpful and knowlegeable enthusiasts here on here too.

Welcome and good luck

Got a couple of other questions!!

With regards to the paint-work, on the sides of vr6 about 3 inchs underneath each end of the spoiler should there be like a triangle of rough feeling paint work??

How valuable is a full VW service history??

No idea what you mean by the first question but for the second one ...

It's a nice backup, but condition and the money spent/bits replaced are a lot more important.

Mileage isn't always everything either.

cheers for your quick response, driven one today and was an amazing drive, totally standard been owned by and old lady. Theres quite a bit of bubbleing on the side skirts and a bit on the boot, couldnt see any colour code stickers on it either (thats to your buying guide, for telling me to look!!)

Let me try and explain my first question bit better... *goes to try to find a picture*...

Here, roughly where the yellow triangle is...

is a patch of what look almost the same colour as the paint work, but has a rought texture when you run your finger over it

Theres quite a bit of bubbleing on the side skirts and a bit on the boot, couldnt see any colour code stickers on it either

No sticker in the boot area? If this is missing and you also have moody paintwork and rust bubbling around this area then it *could* have had a rear end shunt and not been properly repaired.

Check the thread on Corrado pre-viewing and see if someone from here who can go along with you to look at them...

Also if there's bubbling above the light cluster then ..quite frankly, unless its really cheap, there's enough examples out there without this.. (or any bubbling for that matter)..

..and yeah, I've not seen one with bubbing there so it may point to a rear end shunt..

Bubbling on the side-skirts is fine - that's the under-coat salt protection thingy-ma-jig (can't remember what its called this late!)- not rust.

At the back though - not a good sign.