Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

high miles should i be worried?

rado's with big miles on? are they a deathrap or not? i know up to a 100k with good maintenance is fine but 100+ is still going to be running fine or what?

i know its a fairly stupid question because of the different care etc has been applied to the car so *shrug*

should i be bothered by 130k?

somebody please put my mind at ease!

this is directed mainly at valvers and g60's as vr6's are out of my league purely on buying costs!

cheers

It's purely based on what care has been taken over the car in its life.

I'd much rather have a 203,000 mile car which had had oil changes every 5k than a 60k'er which has never seen an oil change in its life!

VW engines, if looked after, are good for 250-300k no probs :)

fair point. im just shitting my pants at this g60 in uxbridge has done 126k but has regular services, but he thinks the charger hasnt been done in about 40k... so that will either need doing desperately or just not buying at all, but i guess i wont know till tomorrow :S

anyone from that area well up on g60's?

G-Laders need servicing every 60k - so it was late getting done before and is probably due now.

I'd budget it into the sale - and make the seller aware.

Talk to Darren @ G-Werks regarding cost - plus you might as well have it Stage 4'd, pullied and chipped to get some oomph into the car :)

http://www.g-werks.com

i wouldnt mind doing that, but im gonna be hefting out enough for the insurance at the moment ;) maybe for xmas :p

as long as its in as good a condition i will have a rado by the end of next week :D :D :D

a totally standard dragon green g60 no less!

*manic laugh* cheers andi that gives me a better understanding of any work that'll need doin and a big fat bit of leverage for knocking down the price to under 2k haha

Bare in mind people normally sell cars when they know a big bill is looming - and maybe they are bluffing in the fact the charger has 20k left on it... :shock:

Have a read of THE Corrado Forum Buyer's Guide too. Might help :)

will do. bloke seems honest enough has all the previous bills, said it was last serviced at jabbasport before he got it (he's put 17k on the car) so i dunno, find out tomorrow.

if it was a Jabba rebuild, DEFINATELY get Darren at G-werks to have a look at it ASAP! They're getting themselves a bit of a negative reputation at Jabba from the G-lader boys these days as their attention to detail in their more recent rebuilds hasn't been what it should :|

Yep, heard of quite a few people now having Jabba chargers go less than 20k's after a rebuild, this is because they only change half the bearings!!

My engine has 130k or so on it. I just put in new lifters and my charger was rebuilt to stage 4 spec like 3k ago. My car runs like a champ.

Supercharged, that's not quite true... their policy is that they'll change the bearings if "they appear to be worn"... If not, they leave 'em alone! With that kind of mentality you could end up with bearings being 120K miles old and thinking that the charger is all well and healthy... :|