Sign in to follow this  
Eliot I

New member, about to buy 95 VR6 corrado

Hello

This is my first post and would appreciate some advice.

Having just sold my 92 golf vr6, i am now hopefully going to buy a 95 vr6 corrado with 73K on the clock.

I know what to look for with regards engine, but just wondering about everything else. Was going to look at the corrado gb website for buying advice but website is not working and looking to buy the car this coming monday.

Things i have heard about is spoiler not working, (how does this work, is there a speed sensor somewhere), Rusty rear arches? is this a normal problem.

Anything else to look out for that i should know about, mechanically i am ok with that but more worried about rust traps and the like.

hi elliot,

welcome to the forum m8,as for things to look for have alook at this link there's is som stuff to do with the engine but there is others just corrado specific

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=542

let us know how you get on,also as its a 95 VR6 that you'll be looking at you'll also have the coil-pack instead of the dizzy that your 92 VR6 golf would have had

as for rusty rear wheelarches.........this is one i've never really seen or heard of......unless of course the arches have been rolled and not re-painted to accomadate bigger wheels and/or lowered suspension.....the only common bit that i've seen go rusty on most(not all) Corrado's is just under the o/s/f side repeater and on the leading edge of the same wheelarch........anywhere else is more than likely down to poorly repaired accident damage or stone chips left un-attended

Thanks for the prompt reply, I live in Edinburgh myself, I see there is quite a few scottish corrado owners on here, is there a club up here or anything, I suppose there is cause i saw a lot of corrados at the show in biggar this year, (i also have a custom 69 beetle i enter in shows and things).

With regards to rusty rear arches is it a myth, cause i was speaking to a mate of mine who was looking at 16valvers about two years ago and everyone he saw had rust on the rear arch (so he says).

One thing to beware of is which i'm sure you'll know about is- Jealousy of other road drivers :lol: (as you fly past them in one of the all time great sports coupe's)

Hi Eliot I buy mine same year similar milage in black :D :D

Let me know if your up for it

Rory

Will keep you in mind if the car i am going to look at isn't what it seems, where abouts are you.