Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Brakes??

I have a sqeeking and grinding brake somewhere. It only happens at low speed, pulling up to junctions, etc. I've had all my wheels off to inspect the pads and there all pritty meaty. Being a Golf G60 it has disks on the back and I'm convinced that this is where the sqeeking is coming from. It could be the brake disks but they don't seem to be warped. They are pritty warn though a few mm. Could somebody give me some more mechanical knowledge on brakes?

I think the rear brakes are the same as those on non VR6 corrado's.

First step is to remove pads clean up, cut a small groove in centre of pad, copper grease and replace, This will help stop dust build up and help prevent squeal.

The discs shouldnt be warped, and if they are you should feel it through pedal, or the handbrake if you pull it at low speeds. :D

Cheers was going to take them apart but my Hannes manual say to replace the retaining bolts. I'm aware that the Hannes manul is a bit obsessed with replaceing bolts every time you undo any! :lol: Is it esential and should I just replace the rear disks while I've go the calipers off? Supercharged, You say that they may be seized? There defo not completely seized but how can I test if they are a bit seized? :?