Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

idle resting position

after trying everything possible to get my corrado to idle at 900-1000rpm i decided to move the adjustment screw that controls the resting position of the throttle on my 1.8 16v c. I have tried changing the metering unit, adjusting mixture ,distributer, isv changed,checked timing, changed the isv control module but this mad no difference :? the car would just fire up a and then die. The only thing that would keep it running was holding the idle up by keeping the throttle held down slighty to stop the revs drooping off. Anyway what exactly does the little micro switch do on the manifold as now it won't be pressed when the throttle is released, is this going to be problem? This is only a short term solution until i find the proper problem causing this, could this possible damage my engine? :roll:

had a similar prob on my 2.0 16v mine was sticking on 2000 rpm and somtimes going so low it was cutting out so i changed temp sensor,isv,cleaned throttle body to no sucsess but i noticed if i pulled the acc pedal towards me with my foot my motor reacted by idling spot on so i checked the acc cable adjusted any slack and made sure the switch was making good contact when the acc pedal is not being pressed basically i think that switch just tells the engine when the revs are off and to idle check the wires on this switch for damage mine has been fine for about a week now after trying to solve this idle prob for months.there are 2 scews attaching this switch on my car if yours is the same just loosen them and move it over so when you take the foot off the acc pedal its definately activated hope this is helpful my idle prob has had my head done in for months :)