Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

G60 odd squeal/whine

coming from under the bonnet somewhere, it sounds like a fan belt thats got a bit wet (infact it may have was doing lot of wet cleaning today damn me and the pressure washer) just wondering if it is the fan belt or the charger? please just tell me some rubber is wet and squealing? :D cheers

hmm is there a way i can find out? wouldnt know if i was looking at a PAS belt if it snapped off and hit me in the eye, especially under a rado bonnet, damn cramped in there!

If it was the PAS belt then it might squeel when you go to full lock - mine did when it was a little loose... the belt itself is behind the serpentine belt (I think?) at the bottom of the engine - you can access it from the drivers wheel arch.

Jack up car ( drivers side front wheel )

Take off wheel

Near the front of the wheel arch you will see a pulley with a bolt through it

this is the rear pulley of the PAS belt.

When i replaced mine a couple of weeks ago mine was squealing (like my 15 month son having his nappy changed) but it still felt quite tight.

It was only when i took it off that i relized that it was worn and cracked in places.

New belt and quiet PAS

Cheers

Woody

Before I changed the main V belt on my G60 whenever the weather used to get damp (ie moisture in the air, or flat out raining) my car used to do this.. would eventually go away after about 15 minutes of driving.