Sign in to follow this  
Krusty

Car won't start

Hi guys,

My car won't start :(

Bit of an odd one. The alarm goes off when I try to start the engine...

I never arm the alarm either, because it's prone to going off randomly, so it is not armed when this happens.

Anyway I get in the car using the key, central locking unlocks everything fine.

Turn on ignition, still fine.

Try to start engine and the alarm goes off, dash flashes on and off and central locking locks the doors.

Can hear a weird click click click of a electric motor or something going off behind me for a few seconds, after the doors have locked n that.

This stops after a while.

Think the fob for my immoboliser is still fine since waving it in front of the light turns it off as normal.

Anyone got any ideas?

Pretty sure it's not a flat battery or something, although I guess the alarm has it's own power source...

Can't remember which way around it is but the alarm and immoboliser are Foxguard and Sigma - can probably get the exact numbers and which is which if that'll help.

Help!

Cheers,

Krusty

I had this on my G60, it took ages to diagnose as I just had an immobileser fitted, had the guy back who did that plus the RAC. If there is no power to the starter motor when you turn the key it is the ignition switch, they are only £15 from VW dealer and easy to fit, that is saying something for me as well.