Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

G60 - Full Boost

Is it a big no no to have a G60 reach full boost at a lower rpm?? - full boost for longer = faster car :)

Currently I'm pulling about 12 psi to approx 5000rpm & then it up's to about 15/16psi after 5000rpm.

I'm in the process of having my throttle body port polished, so now would be the idea time to make any adjustments.

Any advise appreciated

Dan

don't mess with it, you'll screw up the ECU -> boost reading settings and generally mess up the running of your car...

I'm sure either Beavis or G-Man will be along shortly to say the same as they both posted a similar answer recently in another thread... 8)

If you reach full boost earlier in the Rev Range isn't it true that as the revs increase over that full boost level the charger then starts sapping power from the engine??

if the rev's are climing faster I couldn't see how it could lose power? I would have thought the car would just go faster :twisted:

I thought about altering the boost linkage, but got told to leave well alone, by a few people.

You might have to use the "suck it and see" approach mate.

I think the linkage is set, so that the boost butterfly closes just before WOT.