Sign in to follow this  
chrisw

Accessing error codes without VAG-COM

I have tried to follow the Bentley procedure for accessing the engine error codes through the ABS light cluster, however, the wiring on my Corrado (94 Vr6) seems totally different. Shorting pin 4 & 15 on the ODBII connector is fine but the Y/Bk wire that is supposedly behind the ABS light cluster and that outputs the blink codes is missing. Bentley says it should have an 8 way terminal behind the cluster but I have a white 7 way and a red 2 way, not present on any Bentley diagrams. Only 5 of the white 7 way wires have terminals and neither of the red 2 way wires do. 9 wires in total. The yellow/black should be connected to pin 5 of the ECU 68 way connector but I don't fancy trying to access it there.

Any suggestions? Has anyone succesfully accessed the codes in this way on a UK Corrado?

Cheers,

Chris

Do you mean it will only work with the full scan apparatus? I would love to be able to access these codes w/ just a test bulb, or to wire up the ABS cluster fully:

I opened up the module behind the ABS light cluster and you can see from the circuit board that there are gaps for two more bulbs and tracks on the circuit boards for them and some additional components. If you knew what components were supposed to go in the gaps it would be an easy soldering job to upgrade. Or is it missing a whole IC that does something tricky with the inputs?The Bentley diagram for the module has a line across it with a picture of a transistor but there aren't any transistors/chips in the module.

Anyone got a picture of the inside of a fully wired cluster? Any american corrado owners willing to take a look inside their ABS cluster?

Cheers for your help,

Chris W