Sign in to follow this  
leon

ABS Brake lines

Hi all,

Have recently fitted ABS to my car (MK2 golf with turbo charged 8v Engine) and just have a small problem. I am worried that the 2 larger fluid lines that go directly from the brake fluid resevior to the pump are going to be touching off the turbo and I am want to move them down slightly away from it. That is not my problem really as this would be easy enough to do. My problem is can I do this, will it affect anything. Does anyone know what is the function of these 2 extra lines going directly from the side of the resevoir to the ABS pump. The look to drop slightly in height as they go from the resevior to the pump so are the gravity fed as if I move them they may no longer be gravity fed then, or is the pump pumping them? The lines will be covered in a heat blanket and will then have a further stainless steel shield shielding them from the turbo if I can move them but just want to check that they dont have to stay exactly as they are for the abs to function!

Cheers

is this a LHD or RHD car? The ABS system on the LHD golf is different from that on the RHD car...

Yeh sorry its a RHD car. The LHD car wouldnt have the pipes going across the bulkhead as its all the one unit as was already pointed out. A corrado has the same 2 pipes going across, in fact most VAG cars of that era have them. The set up came out of a GT Toledo (92) but is the same as my mates Corrado 16v. I really just need to know what the function of these 2 pipes are and are they gravity fed, if not then I should have no problems moving them!!