Sign in to follow this  
andy.b

RUBBING NOISE ON FRONT END - urgent help

hello lads,

i have had this problem on my car for a while and its getting abit louder.

when i am slowing down "approaching a junction" you can hear a rubbing noise on both sides of the front top end of the car "its like when a train goes ch ch, ch ch, ch ch" but does not sound like a train. the sound is like its in timing with a point on my wheel when it goes round.

STRANGE explanation i no!

i have 17's, Koni coilovers, pads + discs, new wheel bearings, track rods, ball joints and sub-frame

could this be the top mounts

Hi i have the same problem with my car, jus got the car back from the mechanic today to hear some very bad news. Apparently the driveshaft has gone, thats why you hear the noise. I not sure if he chattin rubbish or what but gonna take it somewhere else to get the whole car checked out.

you no what mate, i thought it could have been the drive shaft as well. ill take my car to dubsport and get it checked out.

as soon as i find out what it is i will keep you updated

Same thing's happening to me.

Mine was diagnosed as a fecked rear mount causing the engine to sag and something to touch on something else.

My noise dissapears under acceleration, due to (I think) the engine lifting away from the sagging mount.

If yours is the same, don't worry about getting it fixed, just drive ALL the time like you were late for a date with Kelly Brooke

:)

Is it like a metal on metal rubbing noise.

If so I had a similar issue and it might be the weights on the drive shaft come loose. If that is the case you can just cut it off!!!!

yes mate it is like a metal to metal rubbing noise but it is not very loud. i have had all my engine mounts and gear box mounts checked out and their all in perfect working order. i will get dubsport to check out my drive shafts.

cheers!

I have Been Driving mine without the weights for a few months now. Not noticed any problems from the fact that they are off. If the guy before me that owned my baby had keep her serviced then I dont think I wouild be having as many problems as I do now. I honestly dont think the vibration dampener will cause any problems. If you are interested in getting it fixed you have to get a new drive shaft. Also you can take it off super easy if you pop the outer CV joint off it slides out.

see HERE for details on the driveshaft damper/weight thingy and how it should look and looks when it's boogaaarrddd.... ;)

Is it like a metal on metal rubbing noise.

If so I had a similar issue and it might be the weights on the drive shaft come loose. If that is the case you can just cut it off!!!!

THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO MINE, SO I TOOK THE RUBBER OFF AND FILED IT WHERE IT BELONGS,,, IN THE BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :lol: