Sign in to follow this  
Clay

Software for tuning digifant II...?

I've got a 1800 8V G60 motor from a corrado, which is going into my golf mkII.

I live in South Africa where most people have never even seen or heard of the G60.

I want to use the digifant II fuel injection system which I believe can standard on that motor... When I go to tuners asking if they caould set it up and tune it, they tell me that I need the software...?

Is there some website where I could download this software for tuning the digifant II for a G60 motor...?

Thanks a mil.

Clayton.

Is that what you're using...?

I was looking through some old books/notes, and it looks like they're saying the digifant II is the one for my motor.

But I really don't know...?

Do they still make digifant or is there another very similar system I can use...?

digifant 2 is right for a normal 8v gti motor but for a g60 you will need the g60 management/ecu which is digifant 1 or run off of an aftermarkey system such as dta or something, as your airflow meter will not work with the g60 set up,,,

What you need is a reprogrammed EPROM, like an SNS chip or similar. Fit this chip into your G60 ECU. To go with this you need a smaller supercharger pulley, 68mm is most popular. The chip will account for the increased boost generated by the smaller charger pulley and result in a significant power increase.

You can get an SNS chip and smaller pulley from G-MAN (Darren) on this forum. Its by far the most popular setup on this forum.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks.

Ok so I don't really need software for the digifant II...?

If I take it to some tuner does chips he should be able to sort it all out and get running nicely...?

Or am I way off...?