Sign in to follow this  
jamesmilsome

engine flooding I think

I have a bahn brenner screw compressor fitted to my g60 and I know it needs a tune. When I park on an incline and try to restart the car there is loads of fuel spilt under the engine and the starter wont turn.

I have to push it in gear hard to unlock the starter and then it just turns over. If I then hold the acelerator down it picks up and fires fuel out the exhaust and smoke. It then settles down and runs fine.

This only seems to happen when I park on a slope facing upwards.

On everyday driving I smell fuel and think it may be an injector leaking as I am sure there is fuel on the inlet manifold.

I think perhaps because of the extra air the engine is getting it is overfueling and not burning it.

Any ideas?

I am not driving the car until I get this sorted as I dont want it up in flames. Will be buying new red injectors and a chip anyway so I can eliminate these two areas soon.

I may book it into a garage and get it up on the ramps for a proper look.

cheers

to the left of the inlet manifold on the bulkhead there's 3 pipes from the fuel tank. The middle one is the breather so can be left alone, but the other 2 then go to the FPR and the injector fuel rail via rubber pipes... I'd lay good odds that one (or both) of those pipes have cracked or are leaking... Get 'em changed ASAP so you don't end up with a fireball... :|

Right. All the pipes into the tb were split and perished (obviously not fuel related but did not help) The critical 1m long pipe was split half way round its circumference and was only 900mm long.

Also found a big leak from the bottom of the FPR. The crap hoseclip was loose and fuel was just coming out from around the pipe.