Sign in to follow this  
Del G60

Weird Speedo Reading

I have just got my G60 back on the road after a year and a half of taking bits off and getting things mended which were well overdue and now when driving the speedo reaches 60 mph at about 2300 revs and as I accelerate a bit more it drops down to give a reading of 50 mph,revs then climb and it starts to increase again but it is obviously not a true reading,I can't boot it to see if it goes through this as I am still running the supercharger in any ideas???

If its dropping and copming back again and not indicating the road speed then it's probably a faulty speed sensor ontop of the gear box (assuming you have an electronic speedo - early G60's were mechanical) - the sensor is about £12 from VAG

What else has changed since it was off road??

Not the clutch as that was only one month old before it was off the road,as for things that have changed I have always kept it pretty much standard but when I had the charger out I replaced water pump, all belts and tensioners k @ n panel filter with a cold air feed to the airbox,new crank bolt of course, And then came the task of the m.o.t bearing in mind it had been outside for the year and a half and not in a garage and where I live is cold and wet highest point in the chiltern hills,took it to the m.o.t station and it sailed through with only one advisory for next year rear offside wishbone bush,so my 88,000 blackbury beauty lives to fight another day going to run her for the summer and strip and get her painted in the winter, also it is a 92 g60 so I am right in assuming it would be a electronic speedo???