Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

URGENT - Metal Clips for CO Pot sensor on G60 ?

Hey all,

I need to find a couple of metal clips for the CO pot sensor which sits in the boost pipe of a G60 between the throttle body and intercooler as have lost them when I removed the dead sensor from mate's car. The part number of the sensor is:

037 906 040B

The clips I need are the two metal spring clips, one holds the multiplug onto the sensor body itself and the other larger, heavier duty one secures the sensor into the boost pipe through the plastic flange on the side of the pipe.

Does anyone have a part number for these or have a few spare ones lying around I could have, as the dealers don't have a clue what I am on about ??

Cheers

sensor into the boost pipe clip can be obtained from gsf as it is the same as the clips that hold the temperature sensors into the plastic flange on the head,,

The old green one are thicker than the new black plastic ones, so you cant really seal the boost pipe with the new black ones. (if they are the same as the ones i got from VW in spain

the plastic ones are perfect.. i have 10 here in stock but they only cost 30p anyway from the dealers i also have chromed old skool metal ones of you want some bling @ £3 each

So does anyone have a part number to get these from the dealer and also where do I get the one that holds the multiplug connector into the actual sensor from (and part number) ?

Cheers

Yes I know that the green metal clips have been replaced by the black plastic ones that hold the sensor into the boost pipe.

What I am saying is that WITHOUT a part number I can't GET these from the dealer / GSF etc. When I spoke to them last week, they hadn't got a clue what I was on about, hence I need to get the part number to order them etc.

The other clip I am talking about, is the much thinner gauge metal wire-type clip that attaches the connecting wire with the male multiplug into the female coupling within the body of the actual CO pot sensor. These are neither green or black plastic but are a different type clip altogether.

Hope this desribes what I need now,

Cheers

i know exactlly what you mean and as far as im aware you cant buy this seperatly as its part of the plug its self u need to find someone who has a whole box full of old plugs that could remove one from said old plug and send it to you... :wink:

If it comes as part of the plug shouldn't a new one you buy come with this clip already included (have bought one already) ?

I have asked this same question to both GSF and main dealer and they said there was no other part associated with / sold with the CO pot sensor unit,

Cheers

it dosent come with the co pot as its part of the engine loom. and the retaining clip is a differant item on ekta as is the o-ring which also wouldn't of come with the co pot.

"mates car"

guffaw. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

it might be the same kind of clips that get used on other wiring loom parts. try a scrappie.

Hey struan,I've got loads of those green clips and more than likely have a few conneetor clips,if you wait untill thursday i'll send them down but give me your address again mate,how many do you need?