Sign in to follow this  
woody

Battery Light comes on at idle

Brand new alternator this morning as the battert light was flickering on at idle. This did not fix the problem. Battery light goes out when any engine revs are given but comes back on when at idle. Stumped now please help.

Bad blue cable to-from alternator. Make sure there is no damage on it. It could be earthing out somewhere.

Make sure, by removing, the brush pack is seated correctly on to the slip rings in the alternator. 2 small screws near the output lead. There could be some corrosion on the contacts for the diodes. This happened to me on my syncro. No light in my case, therefore no charge and a subsequent flat battery on a wet monday morning. An intermittent contact is a possibilty for you.

Gavin

could be the engine is reving a little to low. what speed are you idleing at. have you checked the amp rating of the alternator?

Right on the nail Supercharged, H100vw thanks for pointing me in the right direction (blue wire). Followed the blue wire to the connector near the starter motor took connector apart to clean as it moved noticed that cable to the starter motor was corroded and loose, gave it all a clear and tightened it up and it fixed the problem . Thanks all