Sign in to follow this  
andiG60

porsche wheels & bike carbs????

hi guys. just been searching ebay and seen some nice porsche alloys but unsure if they will fit. i have 4x100 and know i need spacers to 5x130, but how do i know if the porsche wheel is 5x130???( unless stated?) and with respect to offset does it matter?? i have seen some that are et55?? would this fit?

secondly, my local vw specalist mentioned putting bike carbs on my 2l16v as he had a customer that did this from a 650cc bike, he had to have a manifold made up but what else will i need to do??? ecu, fuel pump etcetc?

any help????

cheers

Don't know about bike carbs, but with porsche wheels - You will need 17x 7.5J with an offset between 52-55. Often when you buy porsche originals they will have 2 17x7.5J for the front and 17x9J for the rear. The rears are too wide for the Corrado so you need 7.5J all the way round then use a 25mm hub adapter. Get H&R Alloy hub adapters as they are TUV approved and the steel adapters are far far far too heavy!

You can use bike itbs,need custom manifold,ecu,injectors etc.Theres a thread on clubgti at the mo.Im guna be using nissan pulsar itbs on mine

Why would you need injectors if you are using carbs? Your going to be feeding a motor with carbs that were meant for half the size motor though.

Carbs are poo, independent throttle bodies arent! Using itbs,you can map the fueling to get it spot on to match the increased airflow,which will boost torque and power everywhere