Sign in to follow this  
kasman21

my rado is pulling to the left!!!!badly

hey guys

needs some help my rado has recently started pulling to the left. i went in to get the tracking done and they said it was out only very slightly that wouldn't affect the pull to the left. the car has koni coilovers if you need that info. would it be the camber, top mounts, help i dont know and my tyres are wearing done quickly!!!

thanks

zak

where are your tyres wearing ? on the inside ? do the wheels look like they are at the same angle? or are they leaning ? it does sound like camber

you can put a spirit level on the wheel to see if they have similar angles, also check after a run the one disc is nt hotter than the other

does it pull all the time or only when braking

measure from the centre of the wheel to the arch on each side this will tell you if the coilovers are set the same

it pulls to the left all the time, but when im braking im now noticing the steering wheel judders also!!its a pain not knowing!camber at vw is £70+!!! what else do you suggest??

thanks

zak

if it is the camber and its making that much difference then you should be able to see it , stand at the front of the car and look at each wheel, does it look as though one is leaning more than the other ?

forget vw go to a decent place , i had mine done at demon tweeks , 4 wheel alignment and it was £40

if its very bad then you can adjust it yourself til you get it somewhere, i did mine, where the strut meets the hub at the bottom ofthe shock there are two bolts , undo these and you'll see it adjust the angle of the hub

where are the tyres wearing , normally bad camber will show them wearing on the inside of the tyre badly

like i said before also check the disc isnt getting very hot on that side as you could have a sticking piston on your caliper

hey

just had a look at your spec on your rado. how did you manage to get the red/blue lighting, they look cool! really updates the interior.

thanks

zak

just some led's and red film , took about 1/2 hr to do

if the camber is going off another slight indicator is that the steering wheel will not be straight when the car is going straight

yeah the steering wheel is not straight. looks like ill be getting the camber done this weekend!!!

how easy and where did you get the bits to change to red/blue lighting??

cheers

zak