Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Carbon Can

Being a pest again :-P , but next time anyone takes off there induction kit or air box can someone post or ping me a pick of the bodywork around the carbon cannister? Mine is all very neat and original looking, but slightly curvs and wanted to make sure it shouldnt be completely flat to the inner wing. Hard to explain, just want to be sure, still twitchy about my wheel alignment.

Number 2, what exactly does the carbon can do and does it need replacing at a particular interval?

Cheers guys

Nick

Not sure if these pics help or not, my carbon cannistor has been relocated anyway.

I think it just helps take the fumes out of the petrol tank and is not essential.

Just remove it matey.. then you can use the space for cold air feed... Fuel tank breather can be relocated to the inner wing or drill a hole in the rear on the air box...

Blimmey, your black throttle body pipe looks dif to mine!? Do you ge that blue samco bit with the cda or do you have to buy it separately!?

Blimmey, your black throttle body pipe looks dif to mine!?

Yeah, they started as rubber but the later cars got the less 'bendable' plastic ones - early ones are better but the only place you'll get one is off a car thats breaking.

No you have too buy it seperatly, i think if you buy the kit from stealth they can supply you with that bit. I just bought a bit of tubeing and cut what i needed.

Cheers Guys.

Well im up for one. My "Green" ind kit bought it with the engine mount failure!

Cant help think thats what brough my fuel pipes to a head as well.

BMC Please sir, ill keep my eyes peeled for that GB

Wouldnt mind a samco set too, bloke at the inters flogging them for £80 *7 pipes!!) Gutted sold out quick, wonder who got a set on here?