Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

installed my front mount yesterday.

Yesterday i installed my new front mount. i wil post some pictures later on to show what i put on as i couldn't take piccies as i went as i was covered in oil and sh*t.

the previous setup was the standard one and i envisaged that i would use the eurpsport pipes i have. i couldn't fit um right so i used others.

the hardest bit wa the u bend side piping.

first up i stripped all the old setup out and the rad. fitting the u bend was easy as i had all the vw bits. requires a u-bend, gasket and 2 bolts.

cost 100

the core was sourced from e bay

600 x 150 x 40 (ish) endtanks are alloy and the in/out are 51mm (2inch)

cost 80

to connect it i used 2 reducers by samco one 51>57(out) the other 51>76 (in). the u-bend outlet is huge at 3 inch.

cost 30

the rest of the piping was made up of the following.

cut original out boost tube using top for co pot and bottom 3 inch for connection with bend. connecting these is the res box to in tube pipe.

tis all fairly neat and as a first gen effort im happy. i can now have appropiate pips made if i wish to simplify things and clean it up even more.

problems.

this job took around 6 hours to do.

radiator issues.

im definately getting a smaller fan (thickness) to help with installl removal of rad. the rad isn't sat quite where it should be. tis about 1/2 inch out. need to make some brackets for it or adjust the connections but im happy with those. may find a new rad somewhere that is slightly thicker n a inch shorter with a proper fan on the back.

power steering issues.

i hear u say what???

the pipe on the passenger side that goes to the front for cooling had no clip on it. didn't notice. when putting rad in i must have cought it and loosened it. i drove out of the garage ok. next time i start her she makes a racket. easy to fix but pain in the rarse at 11pm on a sunday.

first impressions.

too early to say. tis v hot today as was yesterday. slightly higher water temps maybe. im on that "testing stage" to where you dont put your foot down properly for a bit. ill check it when i do the pictures later. i am still on a std boost n that so this IC eats it a little more than the last.

on a side note. i fixed a water leak at the black temp sensor as well. check the o-rings under each switch peeps n see what condition they are in. mine were like mush.