Sign in to follow this  
g60_Pete

Brakes

how do i know when my brake dics are starting to go? they brake ok they just seem to have a fair bit of wear on them, slightly pitted from the outside diameter (this is surely normal though) they brake fine, nice and smooth lots of pad left too.

just looking at venoms black diamond discs, £60 a set and £30 for predator pads, might be worth a look??

not sure on prices for brakes, and its never a bad thing if your car can stop quicker!

also has anyone ever seen green caliper paint?!?!!? i havent! and also whats best for cleaning the calipers...

nuff q's some answer please!

how do i know when my brake dics are starting to go? they brake ok they just seem to have a fair bit of wear on them, slightly pitted from the outside diameter (this is surely normal though) they brake fine, nice and smooth lots of pad left too.

just looking at venoms black diamond discs, £60 a set and £30 for predator pads, might be worth a look??

not sure on prices for brakes, and its never a bad thing if your car can stop quicker!

also has anyone ever seen green caliper paint?!?!!? i havent! and also whats best for cleaning the calipers...

nuff q's some answer please!

The difference in thickness between a new disc and yours would tell you how worn they are.

A 280 is 22mm thick to start with. The depth of the lip at the outer edge should be no more than 1/2 mm on each face, if you are to believe most service limits.

Personally I would just buy some replacement discs from GSF.

I have had BDs in the past and they corrode just like ordinary ones once the coating wears off. After a couple of months you'd not tell them from std discs.

Pads choice again is a wide one. I prefer Pagid FR and std compounds but have used EBC too. It depends where you will be driving the car.

Just on the road, get the std Pagid. Track days will require something different which compromise road performance as the pads don't get enough heat in them. They don't last long at the track usually either.

Gavin

thanks gavin, it'll all be road use and i think they feel about 1/2mil on the outer edge so if i get some from gsf in the not too distant future i'll be sorted.

cheers!

GSF has a special on brembo discs at the mo. they were the same price as the std ones. have just fitted them. very nice

G