Sign in to follow this  
reaper1_3

Clutch Pedal

Well it had to happen after my break problem we i now have a more serious problem.... My clutch has gone... where i have no idea but it is not where it should be!!! Basically the pedal has sunk to the floor and i have no clutch....! GRRRRRR

Could anyone give me any ideas??

:mad:

clutch slave cylinder i`d have though,

check your brake fluid, if its low check around the slave for leaking

try topping up and pumping the clutch pedal to see if it will stay up!?

Sorry for my ignorance.. my brake fluid is low and needs topping up... will this have an effect on the clutch??

Doooh dont understand clutchs and brakes!!!!

The clutch is hydraulic and uses the same fluid resevior as the brakes, you have a problem in the clutch system somewhere - check for fluid leaking from the slave ontop of the gearbox then trace back to the master cyl until you find the problem. Don't let the fluid get below the min!

right i`m sure someone will correct me if/when i`m wrong here but here goes.......

the clutch on the corrado is hydraulic

it works off the same fluid as the brakes

if your fluid is low it will affect your clutch first rather than brakes (lucky that)

the clutch slave cylinder is usually to first clutch related part to go

its about 6" long on top of the gearbox with a curly pipe coming off it

not very expensive or difficult to fit but if your not confident get a mechanic to do it for you

hope this helps!

ben

Yes it will seeing as the clutch and brake circuit use the same fluid resovoir,and remember that there are two cylinders to bleed,one is the slave located near the brake master cylinder and the other is the actual master cylinder located on the gearbox bell housing.

Once you open the bleed bolt on the master cylinder you should be able to bleed out all the air,then your cluth pedel will return as normal.

remember that there are two cylinders to bleed,one is the slave located near the brake master cylinder and the other is the actual master cylinder located on the gearbox bell housing.

Other way round dude, master cylinder on the pedal slave on the box.

Gavin

Well topped up the fluid hey we have a clutch again...... will drive to local garage tom to get them to sort properly thanks again all... :D

just as a side note, The reservoir actually has a divider inside it so if your clutch system does spring a leak, it CAN'T drain all of the fluid out of the whole reservoir and leave you with no brake fluid reserve... ;) 8)