Sign in to follow this  
Niges16V

KR cams for my 2L 16V

I'm a little confused (probably due to the heat!) and wondered if anyone could help.

Spent the last 2 days taking the head off my 9a engine to replace with a (supposedly) KR head which I have just had reconditioned. I obviously wanted to keep the KR cams for that extra bit of fun, but when I compared the 2 heads the cam part numbers are very similar. To make me more confused I also compared with another pair of (supposedly) KR cams which I had purchased some time ago and they are different again!!

9a head = (exh) 027 WTR, (intake) 027M WTR

KR head = (exh) 027 WTR (intake) 027 WTR

cams = (exh) 027 WWO 3e (intake) 027 WWO 9f

I did a search and found a thread stating the actual p/numbers of both but they don't even cone close to these. Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

I've got a few spare KR motor cams for spares,i've also done that same mod on my 2.0,9A G60 charged 16 valver,i'll check tomorow morning and let you know on the part numbers,by the way,i measured the lift of both cams before installing the kr motor's version,there is only about a mm's difference between both cams,i can't see what all the fuss is about...,even the exhaust cam only has barely 2mm difference.

The way to tell if they are kr is they have cut outs on the bottom of the lobes.

2mm of difference is a hell of a lot.my zorst cam has almost the same amount of lift as piper and kent cams.

9a inlet 8.9mm

kr inlet 9.6mm

zorst cam 10.2mm

Hi flusted, are you sure the cut out is only on the KR cams? All 3 sets I have seem to have it!!?? I will try measuring them tonight and see if they match your figures.

What part of 'The Island' are you from? I'm a Ventnor boy meself.