Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

G60 steering off & only 3 turns lock to lock....?

ok just finished the steering install today, using 11S CRAZY expensive green fluid ... =-) glad thats done. the only problem is alignment...

I aligned the car so that both wheels were straight, now I know I did it wrong cause one wheels pinion arm is uber extended while the other is uber short.... the steering is off too, it goes 1.75 turns to the left and stops and 1.25 turn to the right and stops. I believe I can fix this by moving the wheel to the center point, .25 turns to the right, take the wheel off, recenter it, then realign the wheels.... should only take about an hour or 2. I just want to know if this is the correct way to do it, or am I crazy?

the only other problem I have is that isnt the corrado supposed to have a 3.5 lock to lock? if that is so then why the he|| does mine have it at 3? is there some sort of adjuster?

Have you counted the visable threads on the steering rack's arms?,the threads should be more or less equal on both sides,try disconecting both tie rods then remove the steering wheel and center it,after sorting the tie rod ends for correct/equal length your steering should be more or less set-up,obviosly get the front tracking/alignment checked after.

yeah they are different on each side... I know but I am going to fix that tomorrow.... I dont know why its 3 turns instead of 3.5.... maybe that because of the uber long tie rod... I dunno