Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

squeeky noise in engine bay around 3000 rpms

ok so at about 3000 rpms in every gear I get this squeeky noise in the engine bay. I put the clutch in to make sure it wasnt the tranny or the axles, and its not. If I very carefully rev the engine I can get it to be present a little lower that than about 2000 rpms, its just a high pitch squeek, it makes me think either the engine bearings are shot, the alternator is shot, the charger is shot (still about 12 psi), or the ac compressor is shot... all I know it that the engine has to be under load for it to happen...it could also be the timing belt tensioner... anyway I dont know if anyone else has had this problem I remember jimsG60 reporting something about squeeling belts or something of that nature a while ago... dunno if he fixed it or what it was...

also I have this problem with advancing and retarding, it feels like my car is retarded the full 12 degrees because all my power is up in higher rpms where it wasnt before... timing belt is tight, all I can think of is dizzy or knock sensor, I am buying an ECU just to make sure its not that either. I took a long freeway (fast road) trip about 300 miles I think the computer is stuck in retard or something I dunno I just have no low end power and is sluggish to get going, once its up above 4k tho is very forceful... I know its timing I just dont know what to check.