Sign in to follow this  
MillSpeed

What's missing from this picture?

Just thought I'd check with you guys to see if there's been something cut out of my loom. The wires in question are right infront of the heater in-take. If you can see from the pic, it looks like there was a red & black wire connecting the green & black wire on the left to the white & black wire on the right, but it's now been cut out. Is this red & black wire supposed to be there or is it something that's been added?

If you have a 1800 16V is there a fat red/black just by the coil? It should have a couple of spade terminals on it

Gavin

Yep, it's a 1.8 16v. No fat red/black wire, but there is a skinny red/black one going to the -ve terminal on the coil.

Just one side or a pair that are joined together????

I wondered if one had been cut off?

Yeah, just one wire in, one wire out (which then connects to the -ve terminal on the coil). It's as if the connector doesn't really need to be there. God knows what's been done to this wiring, I suppose I should just be grateful it's running!

The red/black I thought it might have been is the one you describe. You use it when setting up the 16V. You pull them apart to allow you to set the timing and tickover without interference from the ECU and idle stab valve.

The other wires in there look like they might be for the side repeaters. Not sure about the red/black though now.

Gavin