Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

ok, installing ECU's, is there a special trick or something.

got my ecu today in the post, took it apart to make sure all was well on the internals. tried to install it, all I got was the click clack of the number 80 relay. sanded everything down on the mounting plate to make sure it was grounding out, nothin. checked all the fuses, nothin was wrong there. took it out again and installed my old one. bang starts right up... kinda thinkin I got a bad ECU now...

took the thing apart, the actual ECU has a notch on the side, the spot in which it goes also has a notch on the side. these notches are supposed to line up correct?

I am gonna give this a few more goes before I try to get my money back. I need help as this thing wont create spark in the engine. I tested to make sure it was spark btw. anyone got anything?

hehe realized that the chip itself wasnt pushed down all the way! works fine now, though I am sad to say that my power took a turn in the unhappy direction... =-(. its ok I will get gas milage, and pass my smog/MOT test! then comes the SNS 5.5 and 42# injectors!

42 lbs of fuel per hour, they are like the bosch red tops which use 30 pounds of fuel per hour but use 12 pounds more fuel per hour. they make everything go go go, you can buy 110# injectors for race too. eiptuning.com