Sign in to follow this  
Corradoboy18

what to check for on a newly bought g60

Just bought a g60 for a one thousand. The super charger is blown. Originally going to use it as a parts car for my other corrado. My brother decided he wants to fix it up and drive it. Coincidentally i talked to the guy the same day his charger blew. Before i told him i wanted to buy it i asked him if anything else was wrong. He said, "no." that was about four months ago. The car is in alright condition, interior is very nice.

What should i look for?

One thing I've seen again and again is G60's with disfunctional ABS system, rather than the problem been sourced and fixed the bulb of the warning light has been taken out by the previous owner to mask any indication of the problem.

Check for excessively worn/cracked front engine mount.

It is worth just poping the belt tensioner off the side of the alternator to check for excessive play in the alternator bearings and have a look at the condition of te multi vee belt to see if it is crazed or perished, if it is treat it to a new one.

When you say the charger has blown i presume u mean that it has physically gone pop with metal debries? A lot of people call me and say there charger has 'blown' when infact it is phsically ok and has just poped a oil seal and there are plooms of smoke out the back. Regardless of whichever you are going to have to rip all the boost hoses, intercooler off to at minimum clean out the oil but if it has physically blown up then you gonna have to clean out all the metal debris before you fit a replacment charger as you will just blow a second one if the debris from the 1st grenaded charger get into the replacement.