junkie

Alarm fitters to AVOID

Cheers NickRStorm They were the ones who told me it was fitted wrong! have used them in the past for stereos and should have gone back but (unfortunately) another Rado owner had recommended CCA!

If they say it's wrong, then it almost certainly is. IME, if it's a Clifford & giving trouble, the SG boys will get it fixed. I have no idea where they've put all the gubbins in mine, it's such a tidy job there's simply no clue!

Good luck getting it sorted :)

seems like more BAD fitters than good at the mo`

i used safe and sound in cheshire, i`d booked a week before but when i turned up they had no idea i was coming...

but they did the job and i know of 4 cars that they`ve done and the work was ok as far as i`m aware

I booked an alarm to be fitted at safe and sound but cancalled on me the day before and said they could not get the alarm in for two weeks. Well went away for two weeks and am a bit unsure whether to re-book now??? :?

avoid GAP security like its the plague!

i had my alarm fitted by them a few months back. it was fitted by a 2 chavs driving a vectra(trained professionals apparently)

the clifford alarm itself it a great piece of kit and so far not had any problems but the fitting is terrible.

im taking out the interior in my vr6 atm and am finding all the wires they have tapped together. they have cut original wires and taped in new instead of running new ones. bodged by my standards. when i complained they said they would send the same cowboy back or someone different could come but i would be charged.shocking service

avoid GAP security like its the plague!

i had my alarm fitted by them a few months back. it was fitted by a 2 chavs driving a vectra(trained professionals apparently)

the clifford alarm itself it a great piece of kit and so far not had any problems but the fitting is terrible.

im taking out the interior in my vr6 atm and am finding all the wires they have tapped together. they have cut original wires and taped in new instead of running new ones. bodged by my standards. when i complained they said they would send the same cowboy back or someone different could come but i would be charged.shocking service

I second that, I had to have a imobaliser fitted by gap sercurity (for the insurance), Took the money for it quick enough but expected me to arrange my life around when it was best for them, took 4 weeks and several calls befor they eventualy fitted it.

yes they done a good job about it but if they are providing a service they should arrange to meet my needs not the other way around

Deffinatly wont be going to them again

Manchester Car Audio are one to avoid. My 13 year old laserline packed up and they fitted a cobra 4138.

One month down the line (yesterday) it packed up and tried to set itself on fire :shock:

Guy came out to disconnect it,I had to go to garage to have a new one fitted, 3hours later i've still got no total closure. They're phoning me first thing this morning about getting it sorted out (it's 11.25 now!! and still not heard)

Apart from the car nearly being set on fire, they've not done a good job of hiding the wiring, fitting the trim back together, and lost some of the screw covers. When the alarm had been fitted the interior was full of bits of wire, insulation tape, and other such rubbish.

Guys I should have read this post earlier...hope its not too late!

I've just put my Corrado back on the road after 2 years of sitting on the drive. There is no sound coming from my old Toad Ai600. So I rang Gap Security and they quoted a new siren (fitted) at £150. Then they suggested I get a new alarm for £300 - Hornet Maxx 1. So I thought, my key fobs have no rubbers buttons, one fob is broken and the range on the Ai600 is 20 cm from the car - why not. But they have taken my money up front and in their terms and conditions it states the following about cancellations:

"10) The contract may be cancelled by the Client with a 25% charge of the total order being made to cover costs providing this is no later than 24 hours prior to the agreed time of delivery and free fitting."

That means if I cancel they will charge me £70. They are due to arrive tomorrow afternoon...hope its not a chav in a Vauxhall and hope they don't cut the wires of my Rado!

I felt the sales guy was quote pushy. Should have stuck to my gut instincts. Now that I have read this thread I feel really sick!

Will keep you posted.

Ok an update on the fitting.

The fitter wasn't too bad but they had to rearrange the fitting date as they over-ran on a previous job.

Did a clean job. However just this weekend I noticed that the Hornet Maxx II was not wired up to my bonnet. So on Saturday morning, while I was tinkering about with the battery compartment I noticed that the alarm reactivated itself even though the bonnet was open.

So i tested the rest of the entry points - doors and boot. Alarm didn't reactivate itself when these were open.

So I called GapSecurity this morning and the sales guy there didn't really want to know. Told me to call the fitter directly. Tried calling fitter, got voicemail. Left message (twice) but no reply.

Will keep you posted.

Ok an update on the fitting.

The fitter wasn't too bad but they had to rearrange the fitting date as they over-ran on a previous job.

Did a clean job. However just this weekend I noticed that the Hornet Maxx II was not wired up to my bonnet. So on Saturday morning, while I was tinkering about with the battery compartment I noticed that the alarm reactivated itself even though the bonnet was open.

So i tested the rest of the entry points - doors and boot. Alarm didn't reactivate itself when these were open.

So I called GapSecurity this morning and the sales guy there didn't really want to know. Told me to call the fitter directly. Tried calling fitter, got voicemail. Left message (twice) but no reply.

Will keep you posted.

Any luck mate?

Hi there.

I managed to get through to the fitter directly. He gave me some story that he definately connected it to the bonnet but it must have come loose - CAT 1 alarm? Don't think so!

Anyway - he's asked me to rearrange to fit it. Will call him this week to do so and update you.

Cheers.

it seems to me that the more you spend the worse it gets!avoid exec spec Nottingham!!!RUSH JOB,POOR WIRING,ONLY OFFSIDE INDICATORS FLASH WHEN ENGAGED,AND A CHIMP COULD HAVE PUT THE DASH BACK TOGETHER BETTER!proxy sensitivity set way too high Clifford concept 650 £450.ouch!

SECURE A CAR.

Had a hornet maxx 1 fitted about 3 months ago, it went off when it was windy and also when it rained, not good if you live in england lol. The full closure stopped working the day after it was fitted, and the valet mode did not work at all.

Phoned them up and asked what could be wrong?? they told me to check the bonnet pin they fitted (no problem there) and then to check the micro swith in the boot. yeh that was ok.

asked for somebody to come and have a look at it, they said they dont come out to fix alarms as people are known to mess with alarms after being installed (WTF) Well sorry but i'm not driving from sutton coldfield to stoke to have an alarm looked at they they fitted, so they sent somebody down to look at it, after a few hours the remote locking was working and the alarm was not just going off for no reason, so all good??? NO ITS NOT now the alrm will not go off at all.

so its off to stoke later to have a row as they want nothing to do with the alarm anymore.

SECURE A CAR AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Karl

asked for somebody to come and have a look at it, they said they dont come out to fix alarms as people are known to mess with alarms after being installed (WTF)

I don't know anyone who has messed with an alarm after getting it installed. The reason most people get them installed is because they don't understand wiring, or want nothing to do with it! There are so many cowboys out there it's unbelievable.. no wonder once you find a reputable person (e.g. Andy @ TrimWizard) you stick with them like GLUE! :)

Just fit it you're self,if you allowed 2 days to fit the alarm ( if this is all new to you) you can't go wrong.

Fitting a alarm is straight forward it is just time to fit

Hi,

Avoid Southern Car Security. They were recommended on the other thread, so I had them (Miguel) install a Toad Ai606 on my VR6. Seemed to have done a good job, removed an old live alarm I didn't know about and the old immobiliser. However, after driving it for a day and having no battery issues previously, it was parked for a couple of days and the battery was completely dead and unrecoverable.

I phoned Miguel, and he agreed to come and check it once I got a new battery. However, once it arrived he wouldn't respond to phone calls, texts or voicemail. After nearly 2 weeks trying to contact him I gave up and took the car to The Phirm, who sorted it for me (thanks Tim). The interior light was not turning off after locking the car, so absolutely his fault. Cost to me about £100 extra. I will be emailing them to complain but don't expect any response. If they do I'll update this thread, but for now,

AVOID!

Hi,

Avoid Southern Car Security. They were recommended on the other thread, so I had them (Miguel) install a Toad Ai606 on my VR6. Seemed to have done a good job, removed an old live alarm I didn't know about and the old immobiliser. However, after driving it for a day and having no battery issues previously, it was parked for a couple of days and the battery was completely dead and unrecoverable.

I phoned Miguel, and he agreed to come and check it once I got a new battery. However, once it arrived he wouldn't respond to phone calls, texts or voicemail. After nearly 2 weeks trying to contact him I gave up and took the car to The Phirm, who sorted it for me (thanks Tim). The interior light was not turning off after locking the car, so absolutely his fault. Cost to me about £100 extra. I will be emailing them to complain but don't expect any response. If they do I'll update this thread, but for now,

AVOID!

I emailed this chap in 2017, still waiting for a reply