Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Corrado G60 performance trouble!!!

Hey guys!!!

im new to the forum so a BIG HELLO to you all!

I do have a problem though. I own a Corrado G60 and it was running fine when i first got it pulled like a train. However after experiencing poor performance especially off the mark, i decided to get the supercharger overhauled, no great inprovement. Then i got it put on a rolling road and with no luck it, as running fine. However i feel the car is still sluggish and like i say not fast off the mark at all. There is a weird noise when i change gear especially at high revs (sounds like a rusty gate squeeking but only last about a second) driving along in traffic the car can start to jerk and sometimes gets quite bad. Is this a sign of the clutch being worn (reverse gear can be hard to select with out grinding the gear and first CAN be hard to select too). If not any ideas what it could be?

By the way is it worth getting an upgraded ECU chip?

Thanks

Last question first. A std G60 is a bit slow off the mark anyway IMO.

A chip and pulley makes them go like they should. You need to make sure everything is in to condition first. The plugs, leads, cap and rotor etc. After that go to G-werks/pitstopdevelopments for the bits and start grinning.

I think you should do a search for running problems, there have been loads of threads on it. ECU pipe and such like.

Your gear selection problem is possibly just a circlip that has broken. Pull up the gaitor and see if the lever moves right off the shaft to the left when you go for first or reverse. The circlip only costs pennies from VW.

Gavin

EDIT. Welcome to the forum as well. :lol:

I dunno when i first got it it flew like the wind. Saying that i had a 2.0 8v corrado prior to that, unitl i wrote it off, that was slow as Sh*t

Seen a 68mm pulley on ebay for around 20-30 quid. not bad really. how about a chip? how much will that cost? what is the exact name of the chip im looking for?

Cheers for the help and thanks for the welcome.

Gaz

:Fade-color

cheers for that mate. Where can i get the SNS chips from?

How easy is it to fit a pulley and a chip, i also presume that ill need another belt to go with the pulley?

thanks for the website ad.

:mrgreen:

You would get chip fitting instructions off G werks who sell the chips.

You can get away with the std belt if you need to or Gwerks can do you one the right length.

Sometimes getting the pulley off the charger can be a toughie.

Gavin

CHEERS MATE!!!

where any of you guys at lutterworth this year?

First time ive been. Got into Veedubs cos my girlfriends parents are into them, but ive ALWAYS loved to own a corrado. And now i do!!!! :D

RESPECT TO THE DUBS!!!!

by the way whats different about the later front end on the rado?

does anyone know what reason the boost check using the MFA control wouldnt work. My time and trip reset themselves everytime ignition is switch off, would this be an explanation?

Welcome to the forum mate!

A chip and 68mm pulley would be a great 1st step to wake the G60 up.

As mentioned, you can get an SNS chip from GWerks, Pitstop, or direct through myself.

If you are close to the south coast then a visit to the above companies is a good bet.

Supercharged- ive checked the fuses. no luck. The interior light also stopped working along with the sunvisor mirror light too, checked the fuses for that too but they havent blown. As you can tell my rado needs a tad work on it.

Dubcahrged- yeah im looking to get a pulley and a chip!!! unfortunately im not near to Gwerks or pitstop. Im up in Leeds.

by the way steve mac didnt notice you were a leeds lad too, where about you from in leeds?

What made you move down to birmingham?

I lived in a few areas of Leeds including Beeston, Morley, Farsley, Harehills, Bramley & then I bought a house in Oulton where I lived for 8 years. Moved to Birmingham last year, as I was offered a job down here.

Leeds is way better than Birmingham for a night out - clubs in Leeds are much better than the ones down here. In fact I'd say that Leeds is second only to London, where nightlife is concerned.

Which part are you from ?

Im originally from pendas fields, just before barwick, Next to crossgates. Lived there for 21 years. Im now up at colton with my girl friend, which is down the road from oulton. As for the night life, well i didnt mind leeds centre but now im bored of it. Saying that im into hard house and psychedelic trance so i went to those sort of clubs.

Calmed down now and would much rather go to the pub and have a pint and a laugh.

But yeah leeds is second best only to london, for everything never mind the night life. Did you have your rado when you were in leeds. I see a white, dark red and green ones regularly. I know what people go on about when they say rado drivers acknowledge eachother.

:robot:

I have a mate who moved to Barwick about 3 years ago.

I had the Corrado for a year before moving down here. I was round your kneck of the woods quite a lot.

Yes, no point in hotting up a motor with worn out plugs with gaps you measure with a ruler. etc etc.

Gavin