Sign in to follow this  
StormVR6

BAD NOISE...HELP PLS

Not sure if this should be in "Engine" or "Drivetrain" but anyway on the way back home earlier I was hearing a "clacky/slapping" noise from around the centre (around 1500rpm) of the bay while slowing, similar to a loose exhaust bracket, when slowing from motorway speeds this noise is accompanied by a loud "thudding" noise which is strongly felt through the floor where the footrest to the left of the clutch is, this would happen from about 3000rpm down to 1500rpm. I haven't been able to check under the car for a possible exhaust problem yet but it does sound a bit more serious than a loose pipe!

Any help would be good.

MB

Hmm funny that, I was thinking that myself but as all of the CV joints were replaced in April at Stealth I presumed that was not the case, although I hear that Stealth use 3rd party cack parts unless you ask otherwise, which unfortunately I only heard after the job was done.

So along with the dodgy sounding V-belt tensioner this could be the second shat part Stealth have fitted that has fecked up in only a few months, I am now getting rather pi**ed! :mad:

What about the engine mounts? If they have play in them it'll let the engine move around, especially coming off the throttle?

I have spoke to Vince and he has said he will rectify any problems that stem from the work carried out, sameday service. He can't be any fairer than that I suppose, just got to get it there now, not too happy about driving it all that way with it banging like a barn door in the wind!!