Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Number Plates

Recently got my personalised plate off my old car and onto my C and wanted some new plates made up. Decided that I really wanted dealer ones, so popped along to my local dealer 'Peter Cooper' in Portsmouth.

Firstly I was disappointed that there wasn't a VW logo or any mention of VW on the plates - just said something like 'Peter Cooper Group', and secondly, the quality was dreadful! When they were printed, the chap got a black marker pen out to fill in the bits that I guess the printer had failed to print, and then there were loads of air-bubbles in the plates.

Subsequently I took them back the next day and demanded a refund, which they happily gave me, as they seem used to me being an 'awkward' customer now!

I then went home and ordered some plates from GTGRAFIX as recommended from here, and I'm well pleased with them. Plus I ordered them at about 10:30pm on Thursday night and they arrived (from Ireland) first thing Saturday morning.

I actually always get ones made up at the dealer now but no logo's, just get the forum URL printed at the bottom :wink:

I find them better quality than the ones made at the local motor factors and prefer the bold font they use but with anything like this, the finish is to do with cleanliness and the time and care taken to do the job...

Was actually really pleased with the ones that the BMW dealer made for my old car (which is now my partners), and they were even cheaper than the VW ones!

The ones from GTGRAFIX may have cost a bit more, but were well worth it.

Best place I just bought some were direct from the makers - Signam

less than a tenner for carbon letters, with the GB flag, with boarder. As they're from the factory, they are imaculate!