Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

overfueling G60

reads 345 ohms at 750 rpms on the CO POT. will leaning the mixture out to 600, which I am going to do this weekend, make the power output less or stay the same, I am imagine the same because it wont be spitting out excess fuel and will still be burning all the fuel that goes in. If I am correct I believe the goal is to get as much fuel in as you can and have the engine burn all of it, which is in the range of 500-600 ohms on the co pot. however I took the smog test and I didnt fail the CO part of it.... I failed the NOx part of it.... I dunno any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

The idea is to get exactly the right amount of fuel in, for the oxygen in there to burn the lot.

If theres too much fuel, a rich mixture, you won't get as much power as you could and if there is a weak mixture same deal. Plus a weak mixture burns hotter and under boost you could melt a piston.

Noticing your sig, I hope you have a chip that'll cope with the air from a 65mm pulley!!

NOX failure could be the cat.

Gavin

nox failed at 25mph but not at 15 so im thinking fuel? neuspeed p chip = what stage?, i will get sns 5.5 when i get red tops.

when turning the CO pot do I disconnect the blue temp sender and rev above 3k 3 times? or can I just adjust it to 500-600 ohms outright?

Adjusting the co pot wont change your power output, because correct me if I'm wrong but, its only the idle mixture, when you put your foot down it isnt read.

I see where you are coming from you are correct but also incorrect, the co pot adjustment will change the sensor reading at idle yes, and it isnt read once you put your foot into it, however the starting idle mixture tells the chip how much fuel to use when it changes your AFR, so if overfueling at low RPMs it will follow into the higher rpms with it.

basically if you are too lean at idle you will be too lean at revline, same for too rich. adjusting the co pot to run the exact fuel at idle will allow the ecu to adjust for the exact fuel at redline. snazzy setup I might say.

adjusted the CO pot, I believe I lost some power there, I only feel it missing at about 4-5k... I will readjust later, put more fuel in perhaps, it was at 525 ohms... I am getting an AFR gauge VERY soon now. the guy down the street signalled 25 with his hands at me, I was cracking up... stupid kids... >=-)