Sign in to follow this  
Dirtysouth

Engine Mounts

I am going to be getting the engine mount/s sorted this week,

was wondering how many mounts are their?

also is there anything else worth doing whilst i am under there?

I am am fitting VAG ones as the car is not pushing 200bhp, so any advice on wat else to change? and how many mounts to change? info would be much appriciated

cheers Muks

Theres three mounts... Front engine, rear engine and gear box. I've been lead to believe that the front one is really easy made even easier by removing the fans and jacking the engine up. Not sure about the other two but think the gear box mount might be a bit tricky. I'm planning to fit new OEM front and rear bushes gonna forget about the gear box one for now.

Had mine rolling roaded too 200BHP a few weeks back and it was shocking how much the engine rocked back under acceleration. I was gonna fit uprated bushes but i'm sure brand new OEM bushes will be fine for a couple of years.

Let me know how you get on if you attempt them before me.

Cheers

yeah will let you know some time this week i have been adivsed to change jus the front mount as its that one that noramlly goes due to heavy accel etc. however i will still check them all out,

had the rear bushes on the beam done on my car is this wat u mean? its a long job got my local VW man to check it out cost £350 but its worth it handels much better

cheers

Yep, it's the front mount that's under tension with the potential to let go and dent your bonnet, the others are under compression but shouldn't be disregarded if they are 10+ years old... changing the rear engine mount will also help give less engine movement for instance and changing the oil filled transmission mount for a solid rubber one should help the gear shift.

Dixxy; I have had the front mount fitted 2day and there is an instant diffrence to the drive, it pulls much better on m/ways and more stable i would recommend doing this to any old corrado if not already done as the diffrence is noticable. Takes 20mins max

Superchraged: I am gona get the gear box and rear engine mount done aswell as my gears are a bit iffy

cheers

if you have a g60 get a late mk2 golf for the front it is a solid one not like the g60 one which is a hydraulic one and is pants according to Jabba and stealth.