Sign in to follow this  
veeDuB_Rado

Anooyed By Challenges

ok so i aint bothered about 17,18 and even 19 year olds challenging me in the rado for a quick run cos i know most likely i will beat them....now what frustrates me is people 25+ challenging me and saying they will kick my ass...yes i know its a corrado but im 18 years old and this is my first car and the only thing stopping me from getting a supercharged vr6 is simple..insurance! i find it rather sad that older people challenge me (although i do find it cool that they WANNA race) ,especially people who say..yea my 200bhp ibiza will sh*t on ur car-coming from a 32 year old-i know it probably would but i dont wanna write of my rado and just think...if i got a corrado as a firt car..imagine what im gonna have when im 25 :)

Yeah, just smile and let them go, they ain't worth the effort. They only do it coz their pile of tin hasn't got C style.

I would have given my right testicle to have a C for a first car mate.

Well done for not racing, they are jealous twats.

The only way ur gona get a Blown VR6 is to build ur no claims so concentrate on that for a couple of years. Stay sensible, slow and stylis.lol.

Well done for resisting.. I wish i'd had your patience and sensibility when I was your age.

As the others have said.. don't give in. If you think you're being nailed for insurance now, try getting re-insured on your Corrado with 6 points or after having an accident which you were at full fault for.. you'll only just be able to afford a Fiat Panda for about 4 years before you can even think about coming back to owning something like a Corrado.

So keep your head screwed on and enjoy owning both a modern classic, and a rare 'press' example at that and don't let idiots in faster cars tempt you! Similar to what marcus said, i'd have killed to have owned a Corrado at 18. As it was my first car was a Peugeot 205 with a 954cc engine!!

Well done for resisting.. I wish i'd had your patience and sensibility when I was your age.

lol its very tempting cos i love the way my rado sounds :wink:

Most of the time a race on the road isn't about who's got the fastest car anyway. The winner is usually the one with the smallest brain and the least consideration for human life. You know how fast your car is and that is all that matters in my opinion!

Most of the time a race on the road isn't about who's got the fastest car anyway. The winner is usually the one with the smallest brain and the least consideration for human life. You know how fast your car is and that is all that matters in my opinion!

Here, here I agree. Its difficult to resist the urge I think we all understand that urge. Just keep your focus and enjoy ownership of the Corrado!

Here, here I agree. Its difficult to resist the urge I think we all understand that urge. Just keep your focus and enjoy ownership of the Corrado!

yup, id 3rd that! i'm happy to put my foot down on my own, but other cars arn't worth it. you never know what kinda nutter the other driver is, or how far hes prepared to go.

plus being caught racing at speed is different to being caught speeding!

i'm happy to put my foot down on my own,

yea i prefer to do that too

plus being caught racing at speed is different to being caught speeding!

yup, top quote there m8