A20 LEE

A20 LEE My New Daily..

I have been fortunate enough to see the car in the metal and was really loking forward to seeing it. The car does not dissappoint, it has been very well thought out and superbly executed. I confess to not being a fan of the moved rear no plate and deleted fogs etc but its not my car and you can't fault the quality of its execution. That aside I think Lee has been brave and patient and produced a remarkable modded car which for a model whose owners are often quite conservative in the styling stakes is a triumph. The car was spot on in most peoples eyes before the makeover so this has clearly been a labour of love. Lee enjoy it now you deserve it.

I'm supprised so many people aren't keen on the number plate relocation, I thought it was a fairly obvious bodywork modification for the corrado... it was one of the top things to do for me :oops: But as everyone keeps saying, each to their own (I don't actually like the wheels all that much.. must be only person on the forum :lol: )

Right I am going to be honest. I keep looking at the pictures and I think the tailgate and number plate in the bumper ruin what is otherwise a totally perfect car. Everything about the car is absolutely right, the stance, the wheels, the colour, the interior, but the back end looks too much like a kevved up astra for me. Sorry Lee. Still awesome though and if you like it then thats what matters! :)

Jay

I love it.

Right I am going to be honest. I keep looking at the pictures and I think the tailgate and number plate in the bumper ruin what is otherwise a totally perfect car. Everything about the car is absolutely right, the stance, the wheels, the colour, the interior, but the back end looks too much like a kevved up astra for me. Sorry Lee. Still awesome though and if you like it then thats what matters! :)

Jay

I love it.

I can't help but agree on that one, the rear end is definitely not quit right and does spoil and otherwise perfect looking corrado. but because the rest is so good I'll let you off (mainly because mine now looks almost the same but with your old rear panel on it which looks miles better! oh, and my new rear light too (I had to change them as they were looking too alike).

i think the car looks beautiful from every angel..... the back end is different but i understand what is being said above,,,but i think it does suit the car and im sure once we all see it in real life no one prob even get a chance to pull a fault.

also the wheels looks spot on,,,suit the car sooooo much and the pure blackness of the car looks amazing but i am biased....pic026a jus blew me away with the pure colour...

well done mate and hope u enjoy all the hard work

Cheers mate,

Delighted that you get the point the car is making. The rear end is part and parcel of the euro-look. The car wouldn't have the awesome presence without it. I said back in feb the rear end would upset some of the less innovative purists, but had to be done to compete in europe. Can't wait for E38

"the rear end would upset some of the less innovative purists.."

Sorry if I am getting the wrong end of the stick, but surely innovation is doing something that no-one else has done. Not making it the same as the others in Europe so it can compete??!

Especially when IMHO it is not an improvement. Sorry Lee :wink:

This could go on forever! :)

J

"the rear end would upset some of the less innovative purists.."

Sorry if I am getting the wrong end of the stick, but surely innovation is doing something that no-one else has done. Not making it the same as the others in Europe so it can compete??!

Especially when IMHO it is not an improvement. Sorry Lee :wink:

This could go on forever! :)

J

I was making a general comment that people who prefer standard car wouldn't like my car. Seems very clear that you have a problem with either me or my car tho and i rather you spoke to me about it at E38 in person. Please don't reply to this post. PM me if you must.

haway lads lets not starting fighting here aswell.

Jay hasnt got a problem with you or your car dude, he is just voicing an opinion.

After all thats what a forum is for is it not?

Jay hasnt got a problem with you or your car dude, he is just voicing an opinion.

yeah thats my thoughts too.............i'm also not keen on the number plate location(going by the pics) as to me it reminds me too much of the "trailblazers" every XR3/XR3i were wearing in the early to late 80's...........don't mean i don't like the rest of Lee's motor either just that one styling cue isn't my cup o char and isn't Jay's either.....ive actually met Jay at Inters and even with me telling him i wasn't keen at first on his TT dash he was very diplomatic to me when he could so easily of taken the hump......but anyway although i can't speak for Jay i'm pretty sure he is just giving some constructive criticsm and isn't/hasn't got a problem with your motor Lee let alone you :wink:

Sorry, but i', really proud of what i've achieved with my car. When its discribed as a kevv'd up astra, it's gutting and you can't help but take that personally especially as i would dream of saying something like that about someone pride and joy.

Woah woah woah Lee.

I have to agree with others here. Jay doesn't seem to be for one minute calling it a 'Kevv'd up Astra'.

You yourself have said that you think some thing will be controversial so you can't take so much personal offence when someone with an equally stunning C says that they don't quite like what you've done.

There are certain bits that I personally don't 100% like, but as a whole, the car is a real credit to you.

Agreed... exactly as Tom said.

A20 LEE has always been one of the best Corrado's in the UK.. even with the recent work thats been done to it, I think its fair to say things have not changed there at all!

I think the rear end of the car is definately down to personal taste, and thats all that Jay is saying.. I personally can't get on with it 100%, but it doesn't mean for one second that i'm not itching to get my hands on some professional shots of the car so that I can stick em on my wallpaper :)

I really think we need a Corrado Forum 'electronic' calendar or something to showcase some of these awesome cars :)

Lee.

I think you have got me all wrong mate. I have no problem with you or your car mate. Infact I am in total admiration of it. I was just saying that the back end is completely not to my taste. Sorry for letting you know what I think, but if you put pictures up on the Forum and gives us all months of suspense surely you have to expect some comments.

Jay

Relax Lee, whatever anyone's tastes/preferences about particular mods everyone, and I mean everyone appreciates and acknowledges the effort and commitment you've put into your car. I know first hand from my Mk1 how much effort and time goes into these things. So does Jay. Every single car in the show circuit gets comments about certain points that individuals may not like. That's their perogative mate. Each to their own, and everyone is entitled to that opinion. The main thing is you're happy with it. Building a show car means you have to be prepared to take all the comments that come your way. IMO there's nothing wrong with that. You can't expect to please everyone all of the time. It's your car mate, so you do what you want!

Once again for the record, congrats on a monumental effort. Can't wait to see it at Ed 38.

Lee,

Your car looks spot on mate - some really sweet looking rides on the forum.. Would love to see Asims, Jay's and yours all together...

Not going to comment on which one I think is best as I don't think it would achieve anything, and for me creating a show car was always about what I wanted to create. Whilst creating a show acr is all about what other people think, everyone has different taste - I think of it a bit like art. I love Salvador Dali's work whilst loads of people just think of him as a 'smacked up nut bar'...

Are all of the best C's from the forum going to E38 ?, when is it I would love to turn up and have a look and I don't even own a C anymore !!!!

Congrats on your motor mate.

Tom :p

Yes it is me, no news of my old beast - I would love another C, looking for one that I could strip out and use as a hillclimb or track day car.

Not wishing to hijack Lee's thread - but like Webbo I have moved to the dark side..

rs246_norm_oooooh.jpg

I don't really see how you could be missing your Corrado when you own an Audi RS4 :)

Yes, your Supercharged VR6 was a beauty Tom.. but quite honestly i'd give up ANY Corrado for an RS4!

Lee.

I think you have got me all wrong mate. I have no problem with you or your car mate. Infact I am in total admiration of it. I was just saying that the back end is completely not to my taste. Sorry for letting you know what I think, but if you put pictures up on the Forum and gives us all months of suspense surely you have to expect some comments.

Jay

Fair enough, no problem with critism. There loads of stuff i want input on just not happy with how it was phased. To me a Kev'd car is ill conceived and of poor quality.

Lee,

Your car looks spot on mate - some really sweet looking rides on the forum.. Would love to see Asims, Jay's and yours all together...

Are all of the best C's from the forum going to E38 ?, when is it I would love to turn up and have a look and I don't even own a C anymore !!!!

Congrats on your motor mate.

Tom :p

Nice to see your still loitering mate :lol: I'm at E38 both day this year hope you can make it.

Yes it is me, no news of my old beast - I would love another C, looking for one that I could strip out and use as a hillclimb or track day car.

Not wishing to hijack Lee's thread - but like Webbo I have moved to the dark side..

rs246_norm_oooooh.jpg

Paul Downing was telling me about you beffed up corrado this evening, sounded awesome! Love the new motor though! How much can you pic RS4's up these days, I'm tempted....