Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Corrado

Bahn Brenner or stage4

So my stage4 charger blew up on the way to gti fest at santa pod!!! i hadspent the last few weeks fixing the car up for having a go on the drag strip. little did i realise that whilst i was changing engine mounts, one of my so called friends was wrapping insulation tape around my air hose where the induction kit goes on to make it fit better.

half way down the m25 there was a painfull noise coming from under my bonnet!

i left the car on the side of the motorway thinking i had about 24hrs b4 the police would tow it(wrong) and got a lift with my friends.

towards the end of the day i got a call from darren saying, "is that your black corrado with standard alloys on the side of the motorway? .....well its got lots of pigs round it and wont be there for much longer!"

i think "OH Shit!" and get back to the car to find it is not there. the next day i have to get a lift half way back to santa pod 2 pic up the car and suffer a £320 fine!!! not what i needed when the charger had blown! next, the car came out and i had found that the nasty "Kat-Teck" people had severly dammaged my 2 front alloys.... they claimed they were like this, which was bollocks!!

WTHESE WERE THE CRAPPEST 2 DAYS I HAD HAD IN A VERY LONG TIME!

anyway excuse my crazed chatter im just a bit peved! the main reason i am posting this is to get some advice re chargers.

Do i buy another stage4, or do i buy a bahn brenner.

* has anyone got one?

* How do you feel about it?

* Did you get any more power out of it?

* Would you say £1400 is a good price for the whole kit?

thanks guys!

Ouch that sucks mate, those damn tow people dont give a crap reminds me of a scene from Liar Liar. You have mine (and no doubt everyone elses) sympathy.

With the BB kit you also need the silencer otherwise your ears will prob bleed on a long journey and thats a few £££ more I believe. Also is the price of £1400 inclusive of import tax?? I think darren might be the guy you need to talk to cause he knows more about chargers and your options than most.

Hope you get it sorted.

thanks man, well i have talked to darred and he has been really really helpfull! i actually quite like the noise, but i am sure it would start to really annoy me after a while. i like beigh different tho! i dont know its all so confusing especially when we are talking about so much money! m £1400 is all in, but i am very tempted to do a hard core search for the original suppliers in sweeden!!! i think we should all look and then if we find them we would probly all be able to afford bb kits!!

the sound is not too bad when you are travelling its just antisocial around town etc, where the noise can bounce off the walls etc, on the motorway you hardly notice it..

as for the power, it seems like a much better option than a g60, I am currently running an 18psi pulley, and am still not sure whether I should go to the 22psi as it is plenty fast enough, I used t6o runa g60 which puched 15psi and also in comparison to my friends r1 (which just blew up) the lysholm seem much more powerful.

I didnt go down the bahn brenner route, but bought a lysholm from someone in this country ( a one off) and it uses standard pulley like g60s rather than the worm drive on bahn brenner.

one of my so called friends was wrapping insulation tape around my air hose where the induction kit goes on to make it fit better.

Johnny,

was the insulation tape the culprit for this.... being sucked through the charger?

Alex

who? me?

if you mean me then no thats not me mate! i have a Tornado Red LHD G60 on an H plate!

what was the verdict then with the charger grenading?

was it from ingesting the insualtion tape?

thats rite... sooo gay!!! all cos of a bit of tape!!!!!!!!!

well at least it wasnt through mechanical failure.......... moral of the story 'dont let your muppet friends near it again' :wink: :lol:

i feel for you though mate, seriously :cry:

i just managed to get hold of a G-lader for 300 quid tho off a bloke on the Edition 38 forum so keep your eyes peeled :wink:

its done 10k miles and is a stage 2 rebuild 8)

Alex

wow that is really good!!! :shocked!:

well i have saved up for ages now and i think im going to go with the more expensive but more reliable bahn brenner... the only problem is that postage from the us is $200 which i think is mental, :crazyeyes: so i am looking for friends that might be able to bring it back for me as big hand luggage!

dont worry mate there is no chance i will ever let any friends touch my engine ever again, it's just not worth it!!!

Johnny Corrado, if you can source chargers from Sweden what about the 16v G60 kit they sell?

Sorry to hijack your thread?!?!

Lippy

no probs, err well all i know is that i have found a company just south of stockholm which makes twin screw compressors for all sorts of uses , i.e. pneumatics, moving liquid gas, drilling equip, de-hydrating soil, etc. all sorts of random stuff... their compressors look incredibly similar to bbm's twin screw compressors. i have a strong feeling that this is where bbm is getting there compressors, but i dont think they get anything else from there. no g60 16v kits, not even the kit to fit the twin screw comp to a g60. i think bbm fabricates that and they just buy the raw compressors form this company. i e-mailed the company asking if they were bbm's suppliers, but no reply so far!

i bet they pay something stupid like £200 for each com. .... it just seams silly to pay for the bb to be sent to the us and back!!! $200 just to get back to england!!!!!! :cuckoo: