Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

converting to a VR6...

what do I need to make my car a VR6.... I have a 90 G60...

I know I need a front crossmember, and probably a rear subframe, other than that the engine (complete) somone please list parts... =-/ and the wiring harness what do I need?

ps... do I really need a VR6 hood? =-/

oh and is it possible to use my standard O2A tranny from my G60 on that car?... same mounting points? or do I need a vr6 tranny and shift cables..

I was on the road to a 16VG60 now I am on the road to a S/C'ed VR6... that thing sounded FREAKING AWESOME, it was burly and it had some grunt to it...

Different slam panel, Different rad (uprated from the g60). I was looking into getting a VR6 gearbox on my g60 ( ibeleive they are different) Found a g60 one now

ps... do I really need a VR6 hood? =-/

I seem to remember a certain suspect green Storm up for sale that seem to have early style everything, but by all accounts the early bonnet/hood showed signs of contact with the big lump under it. So best to change IMO, looks better as well.

looks better as well.

Now thats only ever a matter of opinion. I far prefer the early style hood as is more in keeping with the rest of the cars smoother lines. The late hood I feel is too bulbous and rounded as well as the VR6 wings that stick out too far IMHO!!

But I'm also not sure if that is going to be an issue! You obviously have an earlier shape. When they changed over to the later shape the bonnet was changed and also the wings were wider to accomodate th VR6 motor. I might be wrong but you may need the wider wings also.

I think you are right, but no doubt, there would be a way to shoe horn it in.

Was it a charged VR you heard? that would sound pretty special, especially if it had the zorst & filter done, maybe put on a d/valve for added effect! LOL.

Can you not buy VR's in u.s tho? surely it would be more cost effective to just sell your g60 and buy a VR??

The VR g/box is taller so up to your driving style, I guess if your purely after acceleration you might want to keep the g60 one, but will be difficult to get the power down up to 3rd gear I would of thought.

IMO, you'd be better off selling up and buying an SLC, turning a G60 into one will cost more than just the engine, you also need the plus drivetrain etc.

Yeah,i've had the engine out of a crashed corrado given to me,i can't use the bloody thing because corrado/passat vr6s were never sold over here in Rome therefore i can't fit into my G60 because of stupid ancient/outdated Italian rules...

yeah i know how it is with stupid rules... we have here in slovenia stupid rules too... its a pity that you cant use it because this engine is really great

I've been trying to do just that veeDuB mate,all i ever get,regarding that engine,subframe,ecu,downpipe,fusebox,loom,etc are time wasters....,i've still got loads of digiphotos on my pc.

If any1 wants to make a sensible offer on the lot,contact VEEDUBBED.