Sign in to follow this  
LowG

G60 crankshaft nightmares!!!!!

Need help with my crankshaft. The lips on the crankshaft are worn and the pulley moves from side to side,had the car go out of phase 2wice and luckuly i didnt bend eny valves. i will replace the crankshaft but at hte moment im stuck outside UK and i need to sort out hte car before i depart fpr the trip back home. Does anyone know if a crankshaft from mk2 or mk3 or passat is hte same as the G60 crankshaft. If so is there any specific parts that i will need when the mechanic replaces hte crank. i cant really trust the mechanics here so is htere anything i should watch out for another thing is htat is quite hard to get hold of a g60 crank and if they different from all other vw im screwed. Any tips greatly appreciated. Rgds

miguel

g60

migs daz here right i have done a quick check on ekta mate and this is the following info :

026 105 101 E is the part no of your crank and is also the same as engines codes : KR / PG / GU / RV / RG / RH / PB / PF / RB.

So as long as its from one of these engines there all the same mate...

hth.

migs daz here right i have done a quick check on ekta mate and this is the following info :

026 105 101 E is the part no of your crank and is also the same as engines codes : KR / PG / GU / RV / RG / RH / PB / PF / RB.

So as long as its from one of these engines there all the same mate...

hth.

So basically any 1.8 VW engine then?!? :shock: :lol: