Sign in to follow this  
mondy

Which engine to put in my car?

Hi,

I've got a choice of two engines that I can put into my G60 and I am looking for advice as to which one would be best because I can't decide!

The first is a standard G60 engine that I would do a few things to before I put it in. I was thinking bigger pistons and maybe a flowed or big valve head.

the other one is a standard G60 bottom end but with a cross flow head that has head a bit of work done to it.

The first engine would probably cost me more to do but will have the advantage that it will still look standard and will also just be a straight swap for the original engine. However, it is always going to be restricted by the head. The second engine will take a lot more fitting and will need custom bits making to get it to fit. However, it will have a lot more potential for the future if I decide to do anything else.

I want to run the resulting engine on standalone management and was thinking of going for the DTA one as this seems to provide the features I am looking for but if anyone has other recommendations that would be good!

I think both engines would provide about the same power so I can't work out which would be best - has anyone any (relevant) thoughts??

Thanks in advance for your help,

David.

no the 8v crossflow is used in the beetle 2 l and us mk2 2l 8v

it is supposed to be a nice power increase, i think that g werks were talking about one a while back that they were working on

Yeah the crossflow is 8v.

I've actually got a 1.8t engine as well but my car has a brand new superchanger on it so want to keep that!

So, so far the crossflow sounds like it would be the better option. I'd prefer to use that as well as it stands me at quite a lot of money but it's just the thought of all the work i've got to do to get it running!

i belive the crossflow i better because the inlet manifold is on the opposite side of the head this not being directly above the exhaust