Sign in to follow this  
redwoodkp

Battery light staying on! Advice needed Please

I've just changed the starter motor in my valver, and after the age it seemed to take doing it, I started her up no problem except the battery light stayed on.

Rang my mate at work and he asked about. Someone said that it may be the alternator and if the battery light stays on it usually means thats knackered.

The battery light didnt stay on before i changed the starter motor over. Could it be any of the connections from the battery to the alternator or starter motor after changing it??

Anyone help??

there's a thin blue wire that connects to the alternator that has a connection down by the starter motor. This is the wire that sends a signal to the dash to turn the light off... make sure you've not accidentally disconnected that while you did the starter motor...

Also check that the thick red from the alternator is connected to the +ve terminal of the starter too... 8)

Thats the sort of help i was looking for cheers Henny!

Only problem now though is my bonnet decided to stick on the passenger side??

Any help with this??

Bonnet released itself when i started the engine dont know how dont know why just glad it did.

Found the blue lead you mentioned Henny it comes from the alternator along side the earth lead but its still connected!

Can anyone help as to why the lights still on or is it yet another new part??

Measure the voltage on the alternator with the engine running to see if its doing anything, should be about 13.8v, the battery light comes on when the alternator has no output!