Sign in to follow this  
Jay_vr6

Suspension help needed for 94/5 vr6

I've been looking at various suspension setups for my car but just need to know a few facts, Mine is a really late 94 model and I believe that the front mounts or something is slightly different to the earlier vr6's ??

I have looked at loads of kits but some state Type 53i which i wonder what it is, also how do i know wether I have a plus axle at the rear or a base ? or am I confusing myself and everyone else :)

53i is the VW model number for the Corrado, the 35i is the 88-9X Passat, 19E for the MK2, 1H for the MK3.

Like Joe says all the VRs are plus suspended.

gavin

I really cant think of any reason, unless there standard replacement springs from VW as later vr's sat higher so they would have a few options.

Ah, the upper spring plate on the very late VR6's was different, for instance if you buy H&R springs for a 95 VR you sill need to buy the earlier plates from VW...

Ah, the upper spring plate on the very late VR6's was different, for instance if you buy H&R springs for a 95 VR you sill need to buy the earlier plates from VW...

Correct but I am not 100% on the details.

Gavin