Sign in to follow this  
chris CORRADO

2.0L 8v Bahn Bremmer Install

since i can't ever leave corrados i am helping my best mate with his crazy corrado heres some engine shots of some of our progress...

5827195.910cd8.jpg

5827200.fa18a6.jpg

5827202.4f0c1d.jpg

Bahn Bremmer Installed YAY ! 8)

5827199.5559a1.jpg

Boost return pipework all cut and installed 8)

5827203.3f0363.jpg

Everyone love our choice of tool to put the alternator back in

:wink:

----- NOW THE TRICKY PARTS -----

5827258.eeddae.jpg

Ok you can see the red ring is the top of the tension spring thingy well it is ment to bolt onto the blue ring well all we can push it down is as far as show which is about 2" out ? any sugestions on how to get this bolted on without spring clamps and stuff???

5827259.2e072c.jpg

another thing that really racks my brain is that sumone has put a bolt inside this tube (red ring) it is ment to be in the (blue ring) BUT we found it just lying around??? is this a blanking mod???? hummm if anyone knows what the hell the previous owner did this for i would be very happy :)

other than this progress is steady and i think once we get the old intercooler back on a drive down to darren will be nessary to get the mercedes VITO van Intercooler and loads of custom pipework YAY !!!

ill post updates daily and ill get some better NON PHONE camera shots soon ...

------

Chris

where did you source the BBM kit from? direct from BBM US?

did you get everything you need or did you have to get stuff made up!

Keep us posted, looks a tidy install!

Lippy

the BBM kit was direct from america £200 postage!!! AUGH

yeah everything was supplied mind u there is a few bits we have modified on the boost return to eliminate the use of 7000000 seprate filters! we just cut the existing boost return pipe and wacked a K&N filter on the end...

notmally what BBM want u to do is wack seprate filter on the oil breater ISV and unterneath the throttle body... *sigh* we thourght that was a wast and didnt look very nice this was far better and tidyer!

im gonna continue working on the car l8ter so ill get sum better pitures...

chat soon

yeah I was looking at the 16v g60 kit and charger, you done anything similar?

bloody hell, it worked out some serious dollar not inc P+P

maybe one day................

keep the pics coming mate

yeah I was looking at the 16v g60 kit and charger, you done anything similar?

I`ve recently fitted their 16vG60 kit (alternator under charger option) to my mk2 Golf, all the bits were very well machined and finished and John Betz is a very helpful bloke! ?They even supply the Digi1 chip, although my car didn`t really get on with it, think it was an issue with the kents.

after loads more time all we have now is to fit the cleaned out boost pipes and the battery thats it then we will fire her up...

not bad for pitch black outside 9pm till 12pm work HA HA....

ill post more pic 2moz as well we will finish her off durning the day..

keithmac, cool! how long did it take to fit? Did you do any prep on the engine before strapping the charger on?

Take it you used the BBM screw charger?

Andrew

Had the head off, fitted ARP head studs, stacked G60 gaskets, pegged cam vernier pulley and digi1. I went for the G60 altough having paid top dollar for a recent Jabba overhaul and then having it making nasty noises with only 3k on it I wish I`d gone for the twin screw! G-Werks have rebuilt the G and it`s going great now, plenty of torque! Had a few issues with digi1 so went over to Megasquirt and I haven`t looked back.

Went for the alt under chargher option, a bit of work to get it fitted but worth it (you can`t fit the alt in the original Limited position because of the brack m/c).

soooooo,

hi everyone, i am the owner of this 2l 8v bbm.... wahoooo!!!!! 8)

may i just say, isnt my friend chris so kind and helpfull!!!! i have only just noticed how much he has been researching and helping me on the web... such a good bloke that CHRIS CORRADO!!! YAY. :thumbleft:

anyway, i can not believe that chris and i have managed to pull this off because, to tell you the truth, i am not very experianced when it comes to mechanics, even tho im really interested!

when i went to start the car for the first time in three months last night, i was about to shit my pants!! it fired up first time and i couldnt believe it!

it is so amazing!

not as fast as the stage 4 used 2 be but need a darren re map and intercooler + probly smaller pully!

then it will probly go so fast i wont be able to controll it!!

thats the way i like it!!!

big love everyone! :mrgreen: :gag:

you are 110% fucking crazy...:lol: and dont put any duct tape near this one ehh....:wink:

you did good though with the conversion so keep up the good work boys

you are 110% **** crazy...:lol: and dont put any duct tape near this one ehh....:wink:

you did good though with the conversion so keep up the good work boys

aww i luv u both !!!!!!! HA HA yeah it has been missions but come rain or shine ill do anything 4 corrados there soooo ghetto!!!

yay wait till 2 moz i have a lil suprise for the forum!! YAY