Sign in to follow this  
Mattla

Finding a Corrado...

Hey all. I've just started my search for a Corrado and figured this would be a good place to start as you seem pretty clued up...

I've got around 3 grand to spend. I tested a G60 last week but it had been molseted. Any advice on what models to buy/stay away from would be sweet. I'm not too fussed about the spec. Unmodified and leather interior would be a bonus but I'm basically looking for something that's clean and hasn't been thrashed. Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

Mine's for sale and tidy (self pimppin' I know)

Where abouts are you mate?

Get yourself in the For Sale section.. you can normally spot the loved ones from the abused ones quite easily.

Its tough to advise you to stay away from any particular version simply because they all have different strenghts and weaknesses.. i'd reccomend you have a good read of our buyers guide as it might help you make up your mind a little bit :)

And welcome aboard :D

Thanks. I'm just outside London but I'm origionally from up North. When I'm up there next month I'll maybe give you a shout but like I said I'm kinda looking for an unmodified example. Yours looks pretty fine mate and sounds like you've looked after it, good luck with the sale.

thing is with g60`s everyone wants an unmodified one, but they really are a different beast with a chip and pulley, once you have tried that you will never go back, its how they should of come from the factory

My VR is for sale! and at a very good price, 100% original, looked after very well indeed, I wouldn't of bought it if it had been remotely thrashed.

:wink:

Thanks for the advice Jim, Olly and Mod. Sam, I had a look at your cars details in the for sale section but I can't seem to view the photo(s). I checked in the album section but no joy, I'm a new user so if anyone knows the score let me know.

unfortunatley my USB port is broken, the top metal clip fell off, so was hoping I might be able to text the pics to mod to put up? the car is still in the garage, will be done for this weekend tho.

Get yourself in the For Sale section..

This post is Jim but i'm moving it to general...

Gah.. I always overlook that bit and assume people have posted in the right place. Apologies mate.

thing is with g60`s, they really are a different beast with a chip and pulley
Quite correct, I can never understand why anybody would want a standard G60. Sooo much more power can be had from that engine, I can't understand why VW didn't make it more powerful from the factory.

I can't understand why VW didn't make it more powerful from the factory.

Same story as the current TDi's - over-engineered and limited, conservative power outputs...

are G laders a lot more fragile if you chip and pulley and port them to within a inch of their lives???

always wanted one, but every modded one i know has blown up!!

prob not worth upgrading to standard 160 bhp G60 over my car, cos i`d always wanna do stuff to it and therefore run a risk of reliability??

I hated my G60 before the chip&pulley were fitted. Before it felt slower than my Mk1 and I just got mad everytime I booted it, once the pulley was on I never looked back.

reliability is more of a result of how the owner has treated the car I would say, if it's been serviced, driven correctly, it'should' be fine...

I agree - reliability is mainly down to how the car has been treat, with a bit of luck involved too.

Tuning a car does not necessarily make it any more unreliable, although it does make you drive the car a little harder than you may have done before - otherwise there's no point tuning it in the first place.

It's also worth remembering that any 10+ year old car will, to a certain extent, become less reliable due to it's age. Tuning an engine involves replacing some of the parts with new ones & may actually improve reliability