Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

Idle is there then magically after revs isnt

ok so driving home this morning from the beach, 5 am.... I noticed that my car had no idle! amazing isnt it! it just didnt idle, then magically it did after revs, what the car would do was drop to 50 rpms yes fifty then the battery light would come on, I would rev and the rpms would go up battery light would go off. after driving for 5-10 mins more I came to another stop and the idle would be there, till I revved it slightly just blipped it to 3k rpms and then the idle wasnt there again... =-/ riiiight.. idle stabilizer valve? or anyone got anything better... like my failing dizzy...?

I JUST GUTTED THE CATALYTIC CONVERTED TODAY FYI, dont think this has anything to do with it tho. any my dizzy has been backfiring my car for days, month about, the hall sender is going... I have confirmed it... but would this cause no idle...?

=-( no bueno....

bcstudent, I know this is why I have spent 19k US on the car over 10,000 UK pounds, just trying to fix/upgrade it, it was poorly maintained before I got it, someone had to restore it, ..... me...

Sheez, forget about that, how come your hanging out round the beach at 5am? LOL. Hope you get it sorted and for not too much dosh dude.

nah I got a dizzy laying around here somewhere, after I started replacing everything I thought it might be nice to have an extra just laying around so I could replace it if needed.

passenger side axle, dizzy, fuel lines, fuel pump, master cylinder, front & rear discs, rear bearings, (all of the body except the bonnet and drivers wing), metal coolant pipe, header (which I need), brake lines, and battery. yeah I think thats it, I had to think pretty hard to get those out too, if its not on this list its either newish or has been rebuilt at least once, replaced the tranny twice in 2 years hahaha, Im on my 3rd now. wow this car eats me alive...

ok it was dodgy wiring to the idle stabilizer valve, inside the rubbe bit that covers the plug the wiring fell apart and disconnected. =-/ all is well now.