Sign in to follow this  
Storm77

My Mystic Blue Storm (New Pics 01/04/06)

Phil K oh yeah forgot bout the grill!...will probably get it back to colour coded when I get a chance - they're high maintenance though cos it's just one more thing to get destroyed by stone chips!

Walesy and iow_corrado_g60 Would love some coilies for looks and handling, but with all the speed bumps and pot holes in my area I fancy a summer of smooth cruising and no clunking acoustic shelf!! If I can't cope with the height, I may get some coils with the cash I get from selling the konis (2 of which will be new) and Eibachs. I'm just gonna suck it and see!

Cheers for the comments guys.

I think you are probably doing the right thing to be a STORM they need to be stock.

Lovely car mate, love the way the storm badges are always all over the place and never where they are supposed to be. And sorry but I really don't like those rear lights glad you're changing them back.

Lovely car mate, love the way the storm badges are always all over the place and never where they are supposed to be. And sorry but I really don't like those rear lights glad you're changing them back.

Yeah, don't think there are many Storms where the badges are actually in the correct position! :lol: ...even one of the press cars had the badge in the same place as mine! The Stealers obviously weren't following the instruction sheet properly!!

Funny, those lights cause very mixed opinions - I think they make the car look a bit less dated, but what annoys me is that they never fit perfectly! So yeah, as OSV said, stock is probably best for me.

Right, there's no turning back now! Have just bought some standard Bilstein shocks and got the standard springs ordered from Germany - should be on the car end of next week. Really can't remember what the original ride was like!.....but will soon be reminded! :lol:

My refurbed solitudes will be going on tomorrow with brand new Toyo T1-Rs 8) - so gonna stick the Golf BBS's on the Bay with the existing tyres.

So much of this car will be like new soon! :D

looking good there mate, dont put the original lights back on till you have tinted them all red, so suits blue rados, :wink:

Oooh very interesting as I've just got a blue Storm too. However I was going to go for a Magnex exhaust and some FK Konigsport coilovers. I must admit though, being a Storm, I've been in two minds about this and whether or not to get standard bits. What does everyone think? I agree with the standard ride height - looks ridiculous but then that's the way VW intended. Also has anyone experienced Powerflex bushes. I want to replace all rubber parts and wondered what the benefit of these is?

Heard good things about the FK coilovers, don't know about the Magnex systems but I love my Milltek!

As for whether to keep it standard, that's only for you to decide...if the ride height bothers you and you don't mind a firmer ride then it's worth getting coilies! I'm going more for comfort now I'm approaching 30 :lol: It's whatever puts a smile on your face!

I also wondered about Powerflex bushes but have replaced all bushes and mounts with new VW ones and am happy with that.

Mine got a Magnex last year and I am very happy with it :)

Other than that it is standard too (battery aside!). Just had a new grille painted up but I don't intent to actually drive the car with it in place...old one is staying on for journeys :roll:

We should have a Mystic Blue Storm meet some time. Althought we could maybe allow none Storms to come along!!

Dude did you kill your missis?

:D

Yeah, I bored her to death!!

We should have a Mystic Blue Storm meet some time.

Here here

:)

Sounds good, only ever seen 2 mystics together. There's a few others on here with Mystics.

We should have a Mystic Blue Storm meet some time.

Here here

:)

Sounds good, only ever seen 2 mystics together. There's a few others on here with Mystics.

There sure is, and by the looks of it some of us aren't exactly mega miles from each other either... :wink:

Car is looking good BTW Storm77 8)

Storm or not, all VR6's need dropping! :wink:

I doubt the guy that designed the car in the first place would have wanted it looking like it's on stilts :lol:

I'm sure I read on here that the later VR6's were higher 'cos owners were complaining to VW about damaging sumps :?

Wow those solitudes look lovely...how much for the refurb? Mine are a mess at present although bought some replacements off ebay from a guy who had taken them off his Golf Highline....just no time at prsent to swap em over (shouldn't really be online now, missus think I'm out the garden :roll: )!!!!

Looks like a proper job you've done on your storm and if it wasn't for my forthcoming wedding I'd be spending the bucks to do some similar pampering afterall these beasts deserve preservation!! 8)

Do echo the thoughts re keeping em standard though (rear lights, silver bee sting, suspension) on the exterior and saving the enhancements for under the lid.

It is funny how the badges are rarely in the same place....will try to upload a pic of mine to show what I mean.

Up for the storm meet as there does seem to be a few mystics down south...maybe let the classic greens come along if they are good! :-P

Wow those solitudes look lovely...how much for the refurb? Mine are a mess at present although bought some replacements off ebay from a guy who had taken them off his Golf Highline....just no time at prsent to swap em over (shouldn't really be online now, missus think I'm out the garden :roll: )!!!!

Looks like a proper job you've done on your storm and if it wasn't for my forthcoming wedding I'd be spending the bucks to do some similar pampering afterall these beasts deserve preservation!! 8)

Do echo the thoughts re keeping em standard though (rear lights, silver bee sting, suspension) on the exterior and saving the enhancements for under the lid.

It is funny how the badges are rarely in the same place....will try to upload a pic of mine to show what I mean.

Up for the storm meet as there does seem to be a few mystics down south...maybe let the classic greens come along if they are good! :-P

They cost me 150 quid from a place in Hemel Hempstead which I thought was really good value. They just look new! Got some new BBS centre caps to go on aswell.

The general concensus seems to be that going back to standard is a smart move, which has really surprised me. The remap was definitely money well spent (worth getting 20 more torques!) as were the magnecors and Milltek.

The stealers seemed to get the badging completely wrong on yours! :roll: ....all adds to originality I spose :)

A group of Mystics together would make for a good photo!

Radostormvr6, sounds good mate - yours must be the closest thing to a new C with only 14k on the clock! Would be nice to see the car in the flesh. As soon as you have a date, let us know and we'll sort something with all the others that expressed an interest.

Radostormvr6, sounds good mate - yours must be the closest thing to a new C with only 14k on the clock! Would be nice to see the car in the flesh. As soon as you have a date, let us know and we'll sort something with all the others that expressed an interest.

Let you know, got to book Stealth for Charger fitting +mapping.Be end of summer.

Let you know, got to book Stealth for Charger fitting +mapping.Be end of summer.

E38? :) http://www.edition38.com/

The seller told me the original chairman of the Corrado UK Club owned my motor first so assume the reverse badging signified mine was the original and the other 249 were copies!!! :-P Probably just a good sales pitch!!!! :lol:

Definitely on for a storm meet...wouldn't it be great to get a high-school style photo of the 250 or even 500!!! Edition 38 could be ideal but anytime Aug onwards.