Sign in to follow this  
Craig

G60 Broken.......G60 working :)

dunno if anyones had the same problem on a g60 engine. was driving the other day when the engine suddenly went bang. fearing the worse i coasted to the missus luckily 100m up the road. the engine sounded really bad like a high pitched screching and grinding.

i phoned john at jmr and as usual he was a great help and he guided me over the possible faults.

long story short a stopper had blown out of the back of the throttle body so on idle it sounded bad but under some boost air was being blasted out at high pressure creating a whistling effect.

i now need to get a stopper from vw as ive had to settle for a bodge job at the mo with a bit of pipe and metal end that gives off a really high pitched faint whistle which sounds a bit poncy!

just wandered if anyone else has had this problem or if anyone does get it check this area as i didnt even no there was a vent there! looks like a pipe should have been attached but having looked at woodys he has a small metal like plug.

at least it was this as im now a lot happier my c's running again and only for a few pounds :lol: well pleased considering i thought the engine had gone!

yeah i removed it myself but i never touched anywhere near the throttle body. i just blanked off the relevant hoses etc and threw the cc in the boot just in case.

i would think it was that pipe on the back of the throttle body that blew off then. We supply the blanking bungs for 50p if you should need anymore.

i'll have to double check then. see if theres a pipe caught up anywhere. didnt see anything when i looked before tho. like i said woodys got something similar on his so if i dont get a plug down here then ill give you a pm. thanks for the help

Gives you a nice smell of petrol under the bonnet :|

:roll: This will only happen if you dont vent the breather from the tank in the correct way.

The advantage of moving/removing the carbon canister on g60 mainly is to free up a lovely space to route a cold air feed pipe up into the Air Box.