Sign in to follow this  
jonocos

Diff is Toast!!!

After a track day yesterday i am now in need of a new gearbox as the diff pins let go.

Could anyone advise me if a G60 box will fit my 1.8 16v and if the changes in ratios are much of a concern?

I can source a very low mileage box tomorrow and it would be a quick way to get the car back on the road.

Cheers

i was sitting in the stands when it went,i was gutted to say the least!!!

hope it goes together quick buddy!

with any luck i,l see it run again sometime!!

um, as long as your 16V corrado is a cable shifter and its an 02A tranny then yes it will fit!, my corrado has one from a 16V passat in it, =-). I have blown 2 now, looking to buy the quaife kit and a LSD, there's a chunk of money for ya!

it'll definately physically fit, but I have no idea if the gear ratios would be any use to you... :|

Cheers for the replies.Main point for me was whether the main shaft would fit my flywheel and clutch,it is a cable change box so imagine its a straight fit to shafts etc.

Glad someone saw it on track cubed,did you see the race Rado later on m8?

Only managed half dozen laps when it let go :( .Was looking good up till then,spent the last 2 weeks at night preparing for it.

Put on Audi S2 Calipers and 280mm discs with Mintex 1144 pads all round,goodridge hoses,Toyo R888 tyres and a shed load of other stuff that i would rather not calculate the cost of!!!!

Not to worry though,got the chance of this 28k box so i think i'll follow that up and see how we go from there.

Thanks again!

unfortunatley i missed the race raddo!i must have wondered off!

dammit would have loved that!! i didnt even see it let alone see it run!

we,d not been there long when you staged up,i was right next to you then the box went! just sorry i didnt see any of your previous runs !! :(

what time did you get in the race c??

gutted i missed that!wouldve liked the ford boys to see it too!!!