Sign in to follow this  
bobserra

Leaking tranny

Hi dudes..

My Corrado Transmission was suddenly leaking oil, no other simptoms, so I remove the tranny an find a small hole (looks like if was made from inside) in the interior of the bell housing by the diff area... (were the clutch spin closely)

Any one have an idea what can make this???

Thanks.

Roberto.

sounds like one of the dif rivets has let go and punched its way out of the dif housing... :| Normally new gearbox time if it is... new dif and some welding at the very least... :(

Yep, as henny has stated. The pins/bolts holding the crown wheel to the diff can snap and shoot through the casing. It’s pretty common on 020 boxes and very early 02A boxes, but VW fitted thicker pins to most 02A boxes and all the 02J ranges.

Thanks, guy's

I think it's a ribbet, I will open and isnpect, may be I will put a LSD, what you think, do you really can feel de diference?

If I install a new transmission, any VR6 tranny(GTi, Jetta) of any year will fit?

LSD makes a REALLY good difference... I've got a quaife one in my G60 and it transformed cornering... 8)