Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

G60 Head gasket

found this info on the piper cam specs,

Valve lifts quoted assume a rocker ratio of 1:1

G60BP270H FAST ROAD 2000-6000 12 BHP 260 deg 260 deg .428" 10.87mm .428" 10.87mm 16 - 64 64 - 16 114 deg .040" 1.01mm .040" 1.01mm HYDRAULIC £180 Blank

G60BP285H ULITMATE ROAD Ideal for use with pulley/chip kit 2400-6500 18 BHP 268 deg 268 deg .438" 11.13mm .438" 11.13mm 20 - 68 68 - 20 114 deg .042" 1.07mm .042" 1.07mm HYDRAULIC £180 Blank

yeh i was considering going with a 285, but i felt that i didnt really need to go to wild with the cam as the main thing i wanted to sort out was the flow of the head with the larger valves etc etc.

From what i can tell the car does seem to pull like a train from 2000 revs upwards ( even tho i havent taken it passed 3500 yet :oops: ) i am just waiting to see how much its going to cost me to get all the other work done at g-werks (65mm toothed pulley kit, red tops, custom remap & charger rebuild) and then it will be sorted and i can concetrate on driving it.... i am so paranoid that something is going to go wrong i have to check under the bonnet after every time i have been out in the car.... :) so far everything is ok, although the car is running a little rough on idle which probably due to my poor attempt at timing the cams in properly... 8)

you sill be fine mate,, something woulda happened by now if you made a bad mistake,, must get mine done!!! got a mates valver in my garage at the mo im fitting ARP bolts into,,

that lil lot is gonna cost you a few quid,, but you will have an awesome car at the end of it!!! :thumbleft:

yeah i am guessing it will cost a few quid but at least thats it in terms of major engine mods for the moment...., and once its done its done, i can leave it alone for a while and enjoy it for a few years!

Nice one with the kent cam aswell! :thumb right: i was thinking of a kent cam aswell, but i got a deal i couldnt refuse on my piper setup (piper cam,followers and vernier pulley) all for £200 off the same guy i bought my head from, which i thought was a good deal.

Just gotta ring up darren at g-werks maybe friday and arrange everything, hes sorting a quote out for me at the moment i think.

After all the engine work is done i have the enjoyable task of fitting my g60 / vr6 gearbox, that should be fun.... might leave that untll after christmas 8)

hmmm... that reminds me i had better start looking for an approriate present for the girlfriend! :) i ve got alot of making up to do, ive been spending more time with my car than i have with her and i dont think she likes it much... :lol:

Nice one with the kent cam aswell! :thumb right: i was thinking of a kent cam aswell, but i got a deal i couldnt refuse on my piper setup (piper cam,followers and vernier pulley) all for £200 off the same guy i bought my head from, which i thought was a good deal.

bargain mate,,

yeah all costs money, but as the saying goes do it once do it properly, and thats the route your goin down,, :thumbleft:

Got the car booked in at g-werks on the 6th of december!!! :)

Cant wait to drive the car after its had the work done and remapped...Now thats an early christmas treat hey!!!!